Best for Instrumental? (eg. Hans Zimmer, Audiomachine, Two Steps From Hell) from GR07BE
Nov 17, 2014 at 5:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tusing

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, all,

I've been looking for some good headphones to listen to instrumental music. Mainly, music like that of Hans Zimmer, Audiomachine, and Two Steps From Hell. I listen to the occasional dubstep/chillstep/electronic song (eg. Deadmau5's Strobe, Bleed, Cephei).

I currently own GR07 BE's. But the headphones seem to be falling apart after 1.5 years of use. I've looked into RHA T10 and 750, but I'm not sure if those are a good choice. What do you guys recommend?

Nov 18, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #3 of 5
Anyone? 
confused.gif

Jan 14, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #4 of 5
Hello,

I hope you are still looking for a perfect match.

It is so weird that i listen exactly to what you mentioned (e.g. Hans Zimmer, Audiomachine, Two steps from hell, etc.).

I suggest Sennheiser IE80, you can tune the bass, manually. I've used it for so long and i really like it. I felt like General Zod in ( i will find him )
Batman trying to help Rachel ( Like a dog chasing cars ) and Jack Sparrow, not to mention Being a Gladiator in the slave who became a gladiator, and really every piece of those artists.

However, now i'm using Shure SE846 little bit costy but amazing, yet it cause ear-fatigue when used for long period exactly oppose to IE80 which i found very light and sound-friendly.

I really hope you get this reply.

Cheers,

Joseph M.

Jan 14, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #5 of 5
Hi there,

I'm also a fan of Hans Zimmer and i listen to mainly instrumental and classical music. I would suggest you to get Audio Technica ATH-A900XLTD. It's the limited edition of ATH-A900X and it's worth my buy. This limited edition set of CANs has very good and wide sound stage. It delivers accurate, bright and detailed acoustics. While it's predecessor lacked of bass, ATH-A900XLTD has a good bass effect which allows a variety of music genre to be played. Ultimately, in my point of view, this set of headphones is perfect for the type of music you listened to. Hope it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back