Best FLAC converter??
Apr 14, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #17 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I highly recommend Max.
Support all of the most popular audio codecs, like FLAC, Apple Lossless, MP3, AAC, and more.

x2 for Max. Very spiffy.

Apr 14, 2010 at 1:35 AM Post #18 of 60
Quote:

I highly recommend Max.
Support all of the most popular audio codecs, like FLAC, Apple Lossless, MP3, AAC, and more.

I second this. Max is very easy to use and also works very well, i've never had a problem with crashing or anything of the sort. If you're going to go with ALAC this is the way to go!
o2smile.gif

Apr 14, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #19 of 60
I think that makes it a landslide.

So easy to use, and very versatile.

Apr 14, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #21 of 60
Silly bunch of nutters with Macs.

FlacSquisher works great, you just have to set it to -V0 for super high quality, instead of the default -V2.

Apr 15, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #24 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hybrys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Silly bunch of nutters with Macs.

FlacSquisher works great, you just have to set it to -V0 for super high quality, instead of the default -V2.

Silly bunch of nutters?
confused_face_2.gif
confused_face_2.gif

The OP did not specify if he/she run Mac OS X or MS Windows, so since iTunes is developed by Apple I think it is natural to assume he/she run Apple Mac OS X as well.

Apr 15, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #25 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tentoace /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dB power amp gets the job done

x2

However, dbpoweramp will downsample anything higher than 44.1kHz/16-bit for anyone who wants everything in ALAC for whatever reason. I do like to use the PPHS resampler in foobar to upsample some music on occasion, but to convert to alac it is better to use iTunes. I decode from flac with Flac Frontend in such a case.

Apr 15, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #27 of 60
Quote:

Silly bunch of nutters?
confused_face_2.gif
confused_face_2.gif

The OP did not specify if he/she run Mac OS X or MS Windows, so since iTunes is developed by Apple I think it is natural to assume he/she run Apple Mac OS X as well.

Uhhh... iTunes has been downloaded on more Windows machines than OSX machines, I'm sure.

Apr 15, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #28 of 60
Instead of converting your files, I remember reading about an add on to itunes (3rd party) that would allow it to play flac's. search around the web and you'll find it easily!

Apr 15, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #29 of 60
To make things clear I am running MS Windows and Do Not have a MAC

Out of the few I've tried so far I am really impressed by Foobar! I tried the others but Foobar is doing its job so I am going to stick with it for the moment
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 15, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #30 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by jms91 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I need some help. I am using Itunes and a good chunk of my music is stuck in Flac so I am looking to convert them into Mp3 or WAV. I haven't been able to find anything online. Anyone have any suggestions?

Any program doing this will have to decompress it to .wav and then compress it to .mp3. Why not using the original flac.exe, with a neat gui called 'Flac Frontend'? It will decompress your .flac files to .wav. And when it comes to .mp3, it is of course LAME all the way (I mean, name of the program!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back