best female vocals EVAR.
Apr 18, 2009 at 6:59 AM Post #17 of 23
Is it wrong for me to think that she's a bit overrated? I mean, yes, the performance was good but from the way people describe it I was expecting something on the level of Eva Cassidy or Ella Fitzgerald. She has a good voice but she's far from being the best female vocalist ever. Which some are making her our to be.

Apr 19, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #19 of 23
In my opinion, the best female voice ever was Marian Anderson, but it's only my opinion.

Apr 19, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #20 of 23
Wow, just beautiful. She proves that the entertainment industry is wrong. There are far too many "pop" singers that absolutely cannot sing, but they get the contracts because of their looks.

And I see "snotty, 20-something b**ches" are worldwide. Did you see the girls laughing and rolling their eyes when she came on stage? Even the judges were ready to write her off. It's really sad.

Apr 19, 2009 at 1:32 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it wrong for me to think that she's a bit overrated? I mean, yes, the performance was good but from the way people describe it I was expecting something on the level of Eva Cassidy or Ella Fitzgerald. She has a good voice but she's far from being the best female vocalist ever. Which some are making her our to be.

I am underwhelmed. I think the story is supposed to be, "she looks like an average Joe" (sic), "but she crushes everyones expectations." She doesn't have a bad voice. I don't know the song. I didn't like the clarity or dynamic range. I didn't think her voice had any sweetness. There was a shaky quality that might have approximated vibrato -- honestly I don't want to listen again to find out. Again, it's not a bad voice. It just happens to be that there are so many talented singers out there.

I don't think "best vocalist ever" is really a useful construct. Ten different people would have ten different answers. Maybe ten different professional judges would have eight different answers.

Apr 19, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #23 of 23
She was probably nervous, which could be a reason for the shakiness at times.

There is so much pop garbage singing out there, it seems we are shocked when a classically trained singer gets into the spotlight.

I could tell right away she was a good singer, even when she spoke normally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back