best earphones
Mar 7, 2003 at 6:59 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan
E5??
eek.gif

Wow, never heard of a fontopia earbud with such a low number...

When was that made ClamChowder?

I think clamchowder means the Shure E5. Well, it's nearly twice as expensive as the Ety ER-4 series, and there are no reviews yet on the Shure E5 (nor had anyone yet heard it in person). Let's say for now, "If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all."

Mar 7, 2003 at 7:05 PM Post #17 of 19
Oops, my bad...

Thanks for the clarification Eagle_Driver
smily_headphones1.gif

May 7, 2003 at 4:58 AM Post #18 of 19
Sorry to dig up an old thread... but just for the record, I just received my very own pair of Sony MDR-E282 today, pretty mint condition considering the fact that it's probably 18 years old... I just got to say that I disagree with Rice totally on this... the 282 just sucks compare to the 484, D9, D8, and nowhere close to the V9... The detail sucks, only around the level of the 888, but a tad wider in soundstage, but not so wide like the V9 where I can absolutely pinpoint where each instrument and sound is coming from which direction / position... It is by no means sound anything like the Senns (if you still think this sounds like the Senns, the V9 will blow you away totally)... 282 is more like a Grado SR-60, actually pretty similar on the think of it... If I just put on any of my better earphones I can instantly feel more airy and much more crystal clear sonically... Bass is also kinda weak but pretty quick like the Aiwas, and the thing I hate about the 282 is the forward brightness! A disappointment for me, nevertheless the 5.50 EURO that it cost me is well worth it for a piece of history, probably it's the first ever high-end earphone in the world using sapphire diaphragm...

By the way, if this glossy cord is exactly like the so-called special edition 484, then this sucks big time... so cheap looking and feel compare to the normal 484 and 888's rubbery cords...

Feb 16, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #19 of 19
Sorry to dig up an old thread... but just for the record, I just received my very own pair of Sony MDR-E282 today, pretty mint condition considering the fact that it's probably 18 years old... I just got to say that I disagree with Rice totally on this... the 282 just sucks compare to the 484, D9, D8, and nowhere close to the V9... The detail sucks, only around the level of the 888, but a tad wider in soundstage, but not so wide like the V9 where I can absolutely pinpoint where each instrument and sound is coming from which direction / position... It is by no means sound anything like the Senns (if you still think this sounds like the Senns, the V9 will blow you away totally)... 282 is more like a Grado SR-60, actually pretty similar on the think of it... If I just put on any of my better earphones I can instantly feel more airy and much more crystal clear sonically... Bass is also kinda weak but pretty quick like the Aiwas, and the thing I hate about the 282 is the forward brightness! A disappointment for me, nevertheless the 5.50 EURO that it cost me is well worth it for a piece of history, probably it's the first ever high-end earphone in the world using sapphire diaphragm...

By the way, if this glossy cord is exactly like the so-called special edition 484, then this sucks big time... so cheap looking and feel compare to the normal 484 and 888's rubbery cords...

Hey All,

"Sorry to dig up an old thread" - well this thread was old when krayzie replied to it, now it's ancient, sorry to do it again. :) In the meantime, compared to that $5.5 value:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-mdr-e282-Sapphire-in-ear-headphones-earphones-made-in-Japan-/251840511593?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3aa2dd3e69

Why is this insane price, what do you think? It's due to time, or more in this equation? I have a 262, a 272, a 484G, and a 565 is coming, and especially what you said about the 282 won't bring me closer to it (do you still own that opinion about the 282 btw? :) ) - but still...this is insane, people ! :)

Although, a 747, a 757, a 252, an 557 are still missing from my collection :wink: - I'd have the 575 as well, but some say if I own a 565, it's not that necessary to get because the 575 does not sound that much better.
Rock on, vintage Sony enthustiasts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back