Best earphones (not in-ear) with a mic for talking on phone < £50
Jun 12, 2014 at 12:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

cib24

Head-Fier
Hello,

I have a friend that is looking for earphones with a mic that are better than his standard Blackberry ones. He uses them at work in the office to listen to music and also handle conference calls and he does not like IEMs as he finds them uncomfortable. He also doesn't like the fact that most IEMs drown out the outside noise in case someone starts talking to him while in the office. His budget is about £50 and I've tried to do a bit of research on here to help him but I'm struggling to find anything that meets his requirements (and I probably suck at using the search function). His musical tastes are primarily Electronica, House, and other synthesized music and he prefers to have a phone that has neutral or slightly recessed high frequencies.

Does anyone know of something that fits?

Thanks.

Jun 12, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #2 of 3
Based on that criteria, an earbud like blue ever blue's 328RM could be one option. It's cheap enough, comes with a MiC and sound quality is more than acceptable for phone use. Not bass monsters by any stretch (what ear bud is), but if you want something that allows him to hear the world around him while listening to music or taking a phone call, that's the first inexpensive non-iem with a mic that comes to mind

http://blueeverblue.com/product-black.html

Jun 15, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #3 of 3
ooh bargains with mics, first thought was the old Radiopaq Jazz. 

holy crap, ebay says yes there is and for crazy money.  i say buy a par of them and see what he thinks.

tbh if he dousnt want any isolation then IEM's arent really the way to go its really buds hes after. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back