best earphones for £200ish available in uk
Jun 11, 2020 at 5:54 AM Post #3 of 27
I would suggest TRI I3, given that you like planar. Driveable from a phone. Needs a silver plated copper cable to shine though.

Jun 11, 2020 at 7:26 AM Post #4 of 27
Why not DK2001? Of course if you need isolation also.
I would suggest TRI I3, given that you like planar. Driveable from a phone. Needs a silver plated copper cable to shine though.

why not? I literally don’t now anything about iem’s past audeze make some and z reviews are very good.

both of those seem hard to obtain in the uk but obtainable, dk2001 being about £50 -£100 more expensive depending on import taxes from China (only place i can see is AliExpress)

which one is better out of those two?

and how do they compare to the isine 10/20?

Jun 11, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #5 of 27
What music do you listen to? what kind of sound do you like - bass, mid or treble focused, balanced, neutral etc.?

Planars tend to have great mid and treble resolution but lack sub bass.

TRI I3 very easily obtainable via AE. Worth a shot as they are cheaper than Tin P1. There are a couple of used DK2001 on Ebay. AdvancedMP3Players UK also stock them.

I know nothing of the iSines, unfortunately.

Jun 11, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #6 of 27
What music do you listen to? what kind of sound do you like - bass, mid or treble focused, balanced, neutral etc.?

Planars tend to have great mid and treble resolution but lack sub bass.

TRI I3 very easily obtainable via AE. Worth a shot as they are cheaper than Tin P1. There are a couple of used DK2001 on Ebay. AdvancedMP3Players UK also stock them.

I know nothing of the iSines, unfortunately.
edm, pop, trap, literally everything that’s not pre 90’s or rock or hard metal or anything like that.

Jun 11, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #7 of 27
I would go for the dunu or the i3.

Jun 11, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #8 of 27
Having owned and also do own many monitors in this price range, my advice to you is as follows: Buy the KZ ZS10 Pro on Amazon for £40 and smile at both the music they reproduce and also the money you saved. Seriously, they are that good and the only reason they don't score higher on the reviews is the premium companies will stop sending the reviewers their models if they admit the KZ's are just the same as the leading brands.
You will be hard pressed to better them.

Jun 12, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #9 of 27
Having owned and also do own many monitors in this price range, my advice to you is as follows: Buy the KZ ZS10 Pro on Amazon for £40 and smile at both the music they reproduce and also the money you saved. Seriously, they are that good and the only reason they don't score higher on the reviews is the premium companies will stop sending the reviewers their models if they admit the KZ's are just the same as the leading brands.
You will be hard pressed to better them.
They look cool. I’ll watch some videos.

I!m going to need a usb c to aux DAC Cable thing any recommendations for one of those with those earphones?

Jun 12, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #10 of 27
They look cool. I’ll watch some videos.

I!m going to need a usb c to aux DAC Cable thing any recommendations for one of those with those earphones?
Meizu Hifi Pro or Tempotec Sonata HD Pro, much of a muchness. The Meizu is on Hifigo with expedited shipping to UK. You could get something for sale in the UK, e.g. iFi or Audioquest, but they aren't as clean a signal, and also cost a lot more so stay clear.

Also, it has been said that if the headphones are easy to drive, which the ZS10s are, they you don't really need to pay the premium for the Meizu Pro, the standard one for less than 30 quid will suffice and you won't hear the difference. I got the Pro because I have some harder to drive cans that I use sometimes.

Jun 12, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #11 of 27
Meizu Hifi Pro or Tempotec Sonata HD Pro, much of a muchness. The Meizu is on Hifigo with expedited shipping to UK. You could get something for sale in the UK, e.g. iFi or Audioquest, but they aren't as clean a signal, and also cost a lot more so stay clear.

Also, it has been said that if the headphones are easy to drive, which the ZS10s are, they you don't really need to pay the premium for the Meizu Pro, the standard one for less than 30 quid will suffice and you won't hear the difference. I got the Pro because I have some harder to drive cans that I use sometimes.
seems aliexpress dont ship to uk

mizu hifi is 30 quid hifi pro is 38 you think go with normal hifi?

Also i just realised damn this adapter is almost basically the same cost of the iem's lol

Jun 12, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #14 of 27
Get the Pro to future proof yourself, the shipping will cost a bit so just bite the bullet and pay the 38! Remember you could be £200 down with some overpriced IEMs haha.
Ok thanks. I’ll buy it all in a few months as I don’t need it yet as lockdown, but I’ve listed what I want now anyway so I can search for deals.

i did find the KZ ZSN for £20. I’m assuming these are a lesser version but £20 is super cheap what are they like?

Jun 12, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #15 of 27
Get the Pro to future proof yourself, the shipping will cost a bit so just bite the bullet and pay the 38! Remember you could be £200 down with some overpriced IEMs haha.
Oh also I just realised seems the KZ ZS10 Pro are over a year old and I can wait a few months any chance of their successor coming out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back