Best earbud setup for $500?
Aug 23, 2017 at 8:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

PanicMaster85

New Head-Fier
Hi all, so I've been saving up for a while after my SE215 broke about 4 months ago and have raised about $500 to upgrade my listening experience.

The biggest aspect in headphones to me is the soundstage and imaging. Basically, the more clear the better.

I prefer mids and treble over bass, but do always appreciate a bass that I can feel.

I sleep in my earbuds so the wrap around ear design like on the SE215 is ideal, also I treat my earbuds very harshly, so replaceable cables is very apprciated. Also a warranty is always nice.

I typically run my earbuds just off of my iPhone 6s plus, although, I am willing to purchase a mobile amp/dac if necessary.

What do you think the best move is for me? I am willing to purchase used earbuds so long as there is a warranty.

Thanks so much for any help you can offer :D

Aug 23, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #3 of 8
It doesn't seem like there's anything there right now, although i could always wait for a good opportunity. Also, I've been doing some research and read a lot of good things about the Westone w40 and Audiofly AF180. I could get them pretty cheap at 350 used on amazon... should I not trust amazon used products?

Aug 23, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #5 of 8
The only problem I'm seeing with the flc8 is the fact that it has an openback design (sorta) I like to be able to play my music however loud I wish or tune out the world around me without having to worry about others hearing my music or me hearing them if I don't wish to. I'm not sure if the whole filter situation can be changed depending on what I want, but that is a big factor/consideration for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back