Best Dragonfly Red Alternative
Apr 26, 2021 at 2:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Netnaxis

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm new in audio and looking for a good DAC dongle. Budget up to $ 200. At first I thought to take dragonfly red, but it seems that for this price I can buy something better, or the same, but cheaper. I liked THX onyx, but people say that it's too expensive, although judging by the reviews, it's compared to the Dragonfly Cobalt, which is more expensive. Also, my headphones have a microphone, so THX onyx is better for me than dragonfly in this regard. Sorry for my english if something is wrong.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #2 of 18
Gosh, because you need microphone input I'd recoommend looking at the Schiit Hel or Fulla.

Apr 26, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #4 of 18
I'd say get an Earstudio ES100 or a Qudelix. They work as both 'dongle' USB devices as well as Bluetooth, and have both balanced and SE outputs as well as a range of features inc. volume control.

Apr 27, 2021 at 6:49 AM Post #5 of 18
I'd say get an Earstudio ES100 or a Qudelix. They work as both 'dongle' USB devices as well as Bluetooth, and have both balanced and SE outputs as well as a range of features inc. volume control.
Honestly, I don't really need bluetooth, so I don’t want to overpay for it. Also, they are still larger in size than dragonfly or THX onyx.

Apr 27, 2021 at 7:01 AM Post #6 of 18
Lotoo Paw S1 is said to be amazing
The Questyle M12 has some potential as well

Apr 27, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #8 of 18
This seems like a really good option. But what if you choose cheaper options? HiBy fc3 for example?
Unfortunately I don't know much about other options

Users who are viewing this thread

Back