Best device for analogue out option from PC to headphone amp
Jun 14, 2004 at 9:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

rlcoach

New Head-Fier
I am going to build a Chiarra headphone amp and purchase some Sennhesier 600/650s. This setup is most likely to be used at work or at home, listening to music off my PC.

I thought I would use foobar2000 and re-rip my music collection into lossless FLAC files.

However what I need is a decent analogue out from my pc(s) to do justice for my headphone amp/headphone combo. I wont be listening to much else apart from music. What do you guys suggest? If the device were to be external it would be much better as its unlikely I`ll be allowed to fit a card in my work pc.

Jun 14, 2004 at 3:12 PM Post #2 of 2
If you can, you really should get the EMU 1212m. It's the best soundcard on the market today beating many $1000 DACs in sound quality, however if you cannot put a card in your computer then you'll need to use an external DAC through USB, Firewire, Coaxial SPDIF, or Optical SPDIF (Optical SPDIF preferred). From what I've heard the M-Audio Audiophile USB is a pretty good but bright USB DAC. I'm not very informed about SPDIF DACs, they're more the realm of the dedicated source component forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back