Best DAP in the market
Oct 4, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #16 of 48
You shouldn't need an amp with the Studio. I haven't heard the Galaxy/E11 combo so I can't give you a definite answer. All I can say is the Studio V while not directly comparable to my DX100 is not far from it either. I highly doubt the Galaxy and E11 are gonna touch the Studio V sound quality wise.

Oct 4, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #18 of 48
The studios are $500; that is over my budget. Realistically I don't want to spend more than $250. I hear the e7 is Dac/amp together is that better than just an amp from the e11. I could even pick up a used iPod classic than amp it,

but just trying to see if there are any daps are good enough that I can just buy that instead of amping an iPod or galaxy s3. Colorfly c3 is in my budget but is it better than amping iPod and s3

Oct 4, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #19 of 48
Little Dot DP_I from China , about $400 , sound quality is reported on par with the Colorfly C4 or Hm801. 15hrs playtime(4000mah battery!), Dac: WM8740, Amp: Ad8397, Po: 250mw on 32ohm, Lo +Optical in/out. reported to support 128gb SDHC! How about this one? http://www.erji.net/attachment/Mon_1205/151_37069_4b0785e668a4d78.jpg

Oct 5, 2012 at 6:46 AM Post #20 of 48
Quote:
Little Dot DP_I from China , about $400 , sound quality is reported on par with the Colorfly C4 or Hm801. 15hrs playtime(4000mah battery!), Dac: WM8740, Amp: Ad8397, Po: 250mw on 32ohm, Lo +Optical in/out. reported to support 128gb SDHC! How about this one? http://www.erji.net/attachment/Mon_1205/151_37069_4b0785e668a4d78.jpg

http://www.head-fi.org/t/559584/little-dot-dp-i-unboxing-and-initial-impressions-black-player-pics-added

Universally unliked and also over budget.

Oct 5, 2012 at 6:52 AM Post #21 of 48
Quote:
The studios are $500; that is over my budget. Realistically I don't want to spend more than $250. I hear the e7 is Dac/amp together is that better than just an amp from the e11. I could even pick up a used iPod classic than amp it,
but just trying to see if there are any daps are good enough that I can just buy that instead of amping an iPod or galaxy s3. Colorfly c3 is in my budget but is it better than amping iPod and s3

It would be nice to know what you are driving and why you feel that you need an amp. Colorfly c3 has no more power than those but you may prefer it. Haven't heard one.

Oct 6, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #23 of 48
So, I finally made a decision and picked a new dap.  I got a deal on the hissound studio v3s the flag ship ones that I just couldn't pass up.  This will be my first high end DAP that I have purchased.  I hope its good and I will never want to go back to my ipod again.  Is the word out that its still one of the best DAPS out there under the hifi man 801s ?  I hope i made a good decision.  If anyone has those 3rd gen studio ones, yall can leave some thoughts and comments about it.  

I will use this as my main dap now and also to amp my laptop if needed.  I'm so excited :)   I had the RE0s for a while now, but I just didn't like it from my ipod, and I thought it was just me that didn't like it.  Hopefully I will like it with this new DAP, and of course I will be using my v-moda m-80s most of the time until the m-100 is possible to buy... but yeah leave comments hehe

Oct 6, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #24 of 48
It's quite nice and not a huge leap away from my ibasso DX100 (which is superior to the Hifiman 801 IMO). My iphone4 is not comparable to the Studio V. Even when amped still not the same. The sound staging and imaging qualities are just in a league of it's own on the Studio V.

Oct 6, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #25 of 48
What do you use on the studios ? like iem or headphones, do you have any good suggestions ?  I am not a bass head, but I stay away from bass thin ones.  I thought the RE0s are really low on bass, but that could be because I didn't have anything to drive them to the full potential.

Oct 6, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #26 of 48
Quote:
What do you use on the studios ? like iem or headphones, do you have any good suggestions ?  I am not a bass head, but I stay away from bass thin ones.  I thought the RE0s are really low on bass, but that could be because I didn't have anything to drive them to the full potential.

If you are referring to the RE262s I found them rather bass light. I hear the other RE are even more bass light lol. So they were not for me and I sent them back for a refund. I use the IE80s a lot with my Studio V. It is the best pairing IEM IMO with the Studio V (synergy Wise). Amazing sound. Plus I did the tape mod on them (very easy to do in a couple minutes) and it made the IE80s even better. More detailed, very well controlled bass. Sound stage is very big for and IEM and the treble is silky-smooth yet doesn't lack extension. I also hear Westone 4 pairs extremely well. Amazon.Germany is selling the IE80s for around $270.00 from what I've been hearing. That is an extremely good deal for them. I paid $330.00 for my pair and that was also a good deal. They retail at $450.00. The US dealer may be able to compare to the $270 deal if not a bit more if you haggle him down on the price.

Oct 6, 2012 at 2:28 AM Post #27 of 48
wow, that was actually the iem I was looking at too.  The ie80 seems to be the king for iem now, but I don't know if I want to spend another $300 when I just bought the studio v3s.  Do you know anything else under $200 price range ?  Do you know about the UE TF10s or the Vsonic GR07 MK2 ?  Those are talked about a lot.  Also I'd like to ask is it better to get an IEM with a detachable cord as opposed  to one that is not detachable.

Oct 6, 2012 at 3:05 AM Post #28 of 48
Quote:
wow, that was actually the iem I was looking at too.  The ie80 seems to be the king for iem now, but I don't know if I want to spend another $300 when I just bought the studio v3s.  Do you know anything else under $200 price range ?  Do you know about the UE TF10s or the Vsonic GR07 MK2 ?  Those are talked about a lot.  Also I'd like to ask is it better to get an IEM with a detachable cord as opposed  to one that is not detachable.

Thank for your selection of our STUDIO 3rd Anv. I guess you will be satisfied with the pairing of STUDIO 3rd Anv.and you V-80 and REO. You will receive it next week. Let's see your response. Thanks.

Oct 6, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #29 of 48
Quote:

The GR07 MK2 will also pair well with it. Only thing is the treble is boarder-line sibilant so not sure if that will be to your liking. TF10s were just not that great at all IMO. Did you consider maybe saving up a bit and then purchasing the IE80 later? Also the GR08 is suppose to be coming out sometime in the near future and that may also be a great option to look into.

Oct 6, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #30 of 48
For the GR07 mk2, u say the treble is harsh? If I can't find any alternatives for the ie80, than yes I would try to save up to get them. At that price, I would consider some Cans though. Is Weston 3 in that price range too?

I forgot to mention I listen to a lot of modern music so mainly hip hop. I don't like overwhelming bass though. Vocals have to be clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back