best dac now?
Jan 30, 2006 at 10:31 AM Post #2 of 8
I'll throw out some possibilities:

Headroom MicroDac 300
Channel Island Dac 350 + optional PSU 150
RME ADI 500

I think the CI would be the most popular around here. MicroDac has the added bonus of portability. The ADI is 'jitter-resistant'.

Jan 31, 2006 at 1:23 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hello
I think the CI would be the most popular around here. MicroDac has the added bonus of portability. The ADI is 'jitter-resistant'.

really, i havent read people talking much about the ci. i thought the micro dac was the most popular among people in the forum.

Jan 31, 2006 at 2:35 AM Post #5 of 8
Seems like the Fubar and Spitfire from Firestone Audio and the Dac-Ah take care of DAC's under $250. I myself plan on getting the DAC-Ah along with a few different optical cables to test
biggrin.gif

Jan 31, 2006 at 2:40 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Seems like the Fubar and Spitfire from Firestone Audio and the Dac-Ah take care of DAC's under $250. I myself plan on getting the DAC-Ah along with a few different optical cables to test
biggrin.gif

I'm definitely looking forward to trying out the spitfire + extra powersupply once I have the funds
smily_headphones1.gif
. I'd like to see some reviews comparing the spitfire to ciaudio's.

Jan 31, 2006 at 3:17 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat
The Ack! dAck! is 800 dollars. If it was under $500 it would be on my desk right now.
icon10.gif

My bad. I was going by the price I see them over at Audiogon every so often. And that probably was the upgraded 1.1, not 2.0. Anyway subtract, but keep the Scott Nixon. Great bang for buck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back