Best DAC for under $150?
Mar 13, 2006 at 12:24 AM Post #31 of 34
i'd seriously doubt you'd be able to beat a basic zhaolu for about $120 shipped from eddie wu. in fact, i think it would be outstanding.

one thing to consider is that if your mobo doesn't have built in spdif, you'll have to get a pci card like av710, or an emu. that will cost you more. considering you want to spend on a dac, i imagine we're talking av710, and if that's the case, the jitter-regulation of the dac is important.

i have no idea whether the dac-ah or zhaolu would have better jitter rejection, but i'd personally bet on the zhaolu. but i haven't heard them, so i might just loose that bet
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 13, 2006 at 12:32 AM Post #32 of 34
Mar 13, 2006 at 2:02 PM Post #33 of 34
My question is what website sells a good DAC, Amp as well as a good pcmcia or usb soundcard with the appropriate digital output and cables?

I don't really want to have to buy parts from 3-4 different places but I need to upgrade the sound coming from my IBM R52 laptop.

Mar 13, 2006 at 2:15 PM Post #34 of 34
PothAudio sells the DAC-Ah for $175 shipped. I've emailed Jeff (nice guy btw) before to verify this, and he'll use FedEx 3-Day shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back