Best DAC for My New Amp
Jun 15, 2011 at 5:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

juantendo8

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I have very recently managed to find an older Kenwood K-88 integrated stereo amp in my possession. This is my first dedicated amp (portable or full-sized) I have ever owned in my life so I wanted to ask a few question.

1. Will I be able to use it in conjunction with my main desktop computer? Almost all my music is ripped in lossless on my hard drive.

2. Since I have a crappy sound card, will I be able to use a DAC in conjunction with my computer and amp? I would rather not even bother with buying a better sound card.

3.Finally and most importantly, if the answer to 2 is yes, what would be the best transportable DAC (just so I can keep it in my bag) to use in around $130 price range. I previously and still am considering the E7 or uDAC-2 but I want my decision to be based solely on the quality of the DAC, I could care less about the amp or the portable (battery-powered) nature. of any such DACs. The reason I I want the DAC to be transportable is because I will be taking it to other full-sized amps, but I will never be using it with my portables.

Thank you all for your concern and I hope you can enlighten me about the world of amplification. 
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back