Best DAC/AMP combo for HD650
Jul 26, 2017 at 4:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Gamergtx260

100+ Head-Fier
Hello guys, I'm looking for the best DAC/AMP combo (max €2000). Maybe this is an overkill for HD650 (costed €300) but still I would like to get your suggestions as I have read and experienced that the HD 650 scales up pretty well.

I tried them with my HD DAC1 and Deckard both sound really good, almost no difference. Though I liked the features of the HD DAC1 (remote control, ipod connection). Please also note that I now stick only to Apple music and no Hi-res or DSD.

I also like when the sound is a bit laid-back. I listen to mostly rock music.

My goal of this search to is get rid of all other headphones I own and only keep the HD 650 with the best amplification/dac that it deserves and be a happy camper :)

P.S: Sorry if this is already asked, please point me a link to that thread.

Thanks much!

Jul 26, 2017 at 5:41 AM Post #2 of 6
This is indeed answered, but never directly.
There are a lot of choises to chose from and all are good. When you like tubes you can chose for a Feliks Elise amp and pair that with a schiit gungnir. This is a popular combo. And the amp is made to drive 300ohm headphones like your senn. The only negativ thing I can mention is that people who use this combo start buying more expensive headphones. :dt880smile:.

Maybe other people can add more combo's.

Althalus

Jul 26, 2017 at 5:58 AM Post #3 of 6
This is indeed answered, but never directly.
There are a lot of choises to chose from and all are good. When you like tubes you can chose for a Feliks Elise amp and pair that with a schiit gungnir. This is a popular combo. And the amp is made to drive 300ohm headphones like your senn. The only negativ thing I can mention is that people who use this combo start buying more expensive headphones. :dt880smile:.

Maybe other people can add more combo's.

Althalus
Thank you and sorry maybe I was not clear in my explanantion. By DAC/Amp combo, I meant a single box like the Audio gd NFB series, Audeze Deckard or Marantz HD DAC1. I'm not really keen on tubes, I rather prefer solid state devices.

Jul 26, 2017 at 6:17 AM Post #5 of 6
Sorry,
I can't help you with one box solutions . I prefer cutting everything in pieces so I can upgrade one thing specificly. Maybe others can aid you further.

Enjoy the music
Althalus
Thanks no problem. I did also have those big schiit boxes stacked on my desk but I'm planning to move to a different country so I need something smaller.
I was wondering how well the Chord Hugo performs with the HD 650, I don't intend to carry it around but they have very positive reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back