Best Custom IEM That Replicates Etymotic Er-4p/s
Oct 28, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #17 of 33
Why not just get custom tips from hearyourself.com or something if you like the ety sound? I found the bass was a bit improved with the better fit over the foamies.

Oct 28, 2008 at 8:22 AM Post #18 of 33
FWIW, SA6's warm and coloured midrange sounds nothing like ER-4. Triple.fi 10 is more neutral, but the treble doesn't sound like ER-4, with the former sounds more like sizzle and the later gives a some what airy feel, but the UE have wider sound stage and better layering. Both has more bottom end than ER-4.

AFAIK there is nothing like the ER-4. If you want a custom you should make a custom mold with it. If you want more bass but not a bass head I suggest you look into the amplification, some amps inherently have a mid bass hump that works well with Etys, which is what I did. I listen to mainly jazz, vocal and acoustic stuffs.

Oct 28, 2008 at 5:54 PM Post #19 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
custom+ety = ACS

expensive though..

Do you mean ACS T3 specifically since those got 1 driver like ety's or all ACS customs sound signature?

Oct 28, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #20 of 33
My prototyped 3 drivers IEM model from certain company in Thailand sounds similar to ER-4 (With my crossover preferences, I mean adjusting space, filter type and own 3-way crossover circuit design). However, no ER-4 driver in this model but I really love it though it doesn't have much bass like SE530 but suffice for audiophile bass.

Oct 28, 2008 at 6:49 PM Post #21 of 33
Anyone got more details on the ACS T3 compared to other IEMs. Specifically the Sleek SA6?

The T2 and T1 doent seem worthwhile. Especially since they dont have detachable cables and for a few bucks more you can get the UE11.

Oct 28, 2008 at 7:54 PM Post #22 of 33
Thank you guys for all the responses. You guys are quick to answer questions.

The custom iem's I am used to hearing about on these forums are: ue11, livewires, hearyourself.com (c3 mold), etc.

I am not looking to get my er4p's redone with a custom molds as I would like to keep them seperate. I would rather get the customs.

Which of the customs listed above (or another I do not know about, remember I am fairly new to this site) would have the nice mids and highs of the ety's with more tight low end?

Thanks again.

Oct 29, 2008 at 8:03 AM Post #24 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by TacticalPenguin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm pretty sure the custom mold for ER 4 is just like any other eartip, interchangeable - no complete devotion to the custom tip

That is correct, altho pulling the custom's off often may decrease the life of the tips.

Oct 30, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #26 of 33
The ACS custom line offer the same drivers as the Ety's. And dont let the lack of ACS ownership on headfi put you off. Andy's probably been around longer than all of the manufacturer's mentioned in this thread. He's helped train the folks at Etymotic and sensaphonics so he knows a thing or two about IEM. And everyone I know who has heard both the UE11 and the ACS IEM have always preffered the latter

Oct 30, 2008 at 11:22 PM Post #27 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Westone makes custom fit tips for ER4. Does anyone here has any experience with them? Thanks.

I was going to suggest that. Just do it

Nov 2, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #29 of 33
I have a pair of etys and I used to think, "wow, such clear and sharp sound!" Then I bought a pair of UE10's and was totally blown away. The improvement over the etys is dramatic - and, yes worth the $$. Sounds like the UE11's are even better, so if you have the cash, that's the way I'd go.

Nov 2, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #30 of 33
I don't have much experience with the UE's, but the Shure SE530's were a decent improvement over the Ety ER4P. Well, decent in that they had more bass, but the clarity/treble of the Ety's were still better.

Have you tried setting up an EQ for your source? I know it's not the most ideal way about adding bass, but I find the Ety + bass boost EQ to come very close to the Shure SE530.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back