Best Custom IEM That Replicates Etymotic Er-4p/s
Oct 27, 2008 at 8:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

timannnn

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,
First time posting on this forum but have been lurking for awhile now.

I currently own the etymotic er4p's and love the sound that these produce. They are the cleanest sounding iem's that I've had BUT, they are lacking in the low frequencies that everyone attests to. Now my question is what custom iem (ue, freQ, livewires, hearyourself.com, etc) would be the closest to the ety's but with the low end frequency that is missing from the ety's. I absolutely love the punchiness of the er4p's but low bass is non-existent. If someone on here knows the sound signature of the ety's and can recommend a custom that can match that but also have the nice lows that make music sound full can you let me know?

I am not a bass head by any means (mostly jazz, flamenco, rock, some hip hop) but music is just not complete without some kind of sub freq.

Would prefer a triple driver also but any opinions would help.

Thanks guys.

Oct 27, 2008 at 9:15 PM Post #2 of 33
triple.fi has great highs like the ety's and has pretty good lows. But since your a ety fan there is no way I can recommend a shure 530 since their highs are rolled off even when amped

Oct 27, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #3 of 33
I have heard good things about the triple.fi 10 Pro.

And you can always try amping, even with something cheap like the FiiO E3. Dunno if you wanna go for that though.

Oct 27, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #4 of 33
Guys hes asking for a custom IEM

It seems the sleek custom sounds similar to the SA6 and the SA6 is from comparisons I've seen similar to the ety only with a bit more lowend. However, $300 for a single driver custom might be a bit much. You can have custom tips for your ety's made as well.

Oct 27, 2008 at 10:58 PM Post #6 of 33
Does that Sleek has a little bit more body in the mids, than the ER4? (I'm seriously thinking of getting the Sleek customs as well as the Livewires (that's incoming)... in case the Livewires doesn't live up to my expectations...............)

Oct 28, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #10 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am waiting on my livewires also when did you order yours?

My impressions arrived at their lab on Oct 21st.... so probably still a long way to go.....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 28, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #11 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by parrot5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My impressions arrived at their lab on Oct 21st.... so probably still a long way to go.....
very_evil_smiley.gif

mine were there on the 16th er 17th I forgot so I guess 21 days from that will be when mine pop in
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 28, 2008 at 1:17 AM Post #12 of 33
I guess what I am asking is which custom made iem matches the sound signature of the ety's but with more bass? I have been reading everything on here and do not want to buy 15 different sets of headphones to find the right one. Also it seems that most of you upgrade to a custom at some point after trying multiple iem's. And it seems most of you praise your customs more than the store bought.

Oct 28, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #15 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Westone makes custom fit tips for ER4. Does anyone here has any experience with them? Thanks.

I found the thread. Sorry for off topic. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back