Best custom IEM for live vocalist?
Feb 2, 2011 at 2:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

msemesky

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone, I am a live vocalist looking to purchase custom in-ear monitors for around $400/$500 to use on stage (club size venues). I've been doing a lot of research on head-fi and I'm seeing that there are a number of go-to IEMs such as UE10s, ES3s, etc. but I'm looking for one that is a little less pricey but still is good sound quality, reliable, comfortable, and suitable for performing live vocals. Thanks a lot for your help!

Feb 2, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #2 of 5
From my experience with customs, I would recommend the UM Mage. It has forward mids and sounds exceptional with vocals.

Feb 2, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #3 of 5
UM Mage, JH5Pro.......

Feb 2, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #4 of 5
So you're looking for advice on live performance IEMs, on a site devoted to consumer audiophiles?
Interesting.

Look for maximum isolation, deep insertion (past second bend of ear canal) for full seal, comfort, and removable cables. Oh, and neutral, full-range audio, but I guess that's a given.

Frankly, you're at a price point that's a little light in terms of true pro-level options for your intended application. You might want to consider a Shure SE425 with Sensaphonics custom-fit sleeve.

Feb 2, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #5 of 5
1964 Ears Single or Dual drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back