Best copying software?
Mar 30, 2004 at 7:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

doctorjuggles

Member of the Trade: Cable Builder
Hi all

I want to make a few copies of my CD's for use while travelling. I figured this would be the best place to come to find out which software app would burn the best/truest CD?

I have CDex and NeroExpress. Which of these two should I use, or which other one should I use if not these?

Thanks

Mar 30, 2004 at 7:58 PM Post #2 of 7
If you mean audio CD's, rip them with the "Copy image and create cuesheet" option in Exact Audio Copy.
For burning use whatever software supports cue sheets. I use Feurio!

Mar 30, 2004 at 8:03 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Thrasher
If you mean audio CD's, rip them with the "Copy image and create cuesheet" option in Exact Audio Copy.
For burning use whatever software supports cue sheets. I use Feurio!

So you can't just rip from one CD drive to another with a single program?

Mar 30, 2004 at 8:21 PM Post #4 of 7
Of course you can. EAC supports burning too.
But Feurio! is more "user-friendly".
wink.gif

Mar 30, 2004 at 8:26 PM Post #5 of 7
Cool, thanks for the help Thrasher!!

Not too concerned about user friendly, I'll figure it out. I just want the best
biggrin.gif
600smile.gif

Thanks again

Mar 30, 2004 at 10:49 PM Post #6 of 7
But be sure to set the correct cobined read/write offset in EAC if you want perfect copies. You can find it out by burning a test CD-RW.
EAC doesn't have many options for burning. You might also want to try out CDRWin by Golden Hawk. It is totally "user-unfriendly"
wink.gif
, but has lots of options. It's not free, but you can burn at the slowest speed for free. It has very good cue sheet support.
And be sure to use high quality media, like Taiyo Yuden, Mitsubishi Chemicals (Verbatim Data Life Plus), Mitsui Toatsu, ...

Mar 30, 2004 at 11:00 PM Post #7 of 7
For a plain copy, NeroExpress whould work well. As you have CDex, this would be used for MP3s. After all, if all you are doing is travelling, it is much better to have 75 songs on 1 CD than 12. Why carry 20 CDs in a case (which can easily be stolen) when you can carry 3 CDs with all that music?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back