Best Computer Audio Player Software?
Dec 26, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #106 of 376
  Now I'm using Linn Kinsky with JPLAYStreamer and MinimServer.
cool.gif

hi
nice i will try Linn Kinsky , the first time i have heard about it ,JPLAY is to exansive 99€ !!!!

Dec 26, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #107 of 376
  hi
nice i will try Linn Kinsky , the first time i have heard about it ,JPLAY is to exansive 99€ !!!!

You have to configure a "Media Server" and "Room" in Kinsky, which is why I mentioned the other two programs. (It's normally meant for more complex music streaming systems.)

Follow the steps in this manual. (You can also use Kazoo instead of Kinsky, but only the old version provided there.)

I wouldn't recommend spending money on JPLAY. The free trial doesn't expire and the only limitation is that it inserts a few seconds of silence every few minutes.

Comparing to foobar2000 last night, there was little to no difference in sound on my system. (Unlike HQPlayer, which can apply DSP and is fairly easy to tell apart.) But the interface is pretty cool.

Dec 29, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #108 of 376
There's a new FREE audio player that I'm currently using called GOM audio player from GRETECH Corp.  So far, I'm fairly impressed especially with its natural sounding EQ and a varied set of interesting Effects that can be switched on/off (Reverb settings, Backwards music, Room emulations, Bass boost etc).  The GOM video player also works very well as my preferred video player.  They regularly update (sometimes annoyingly too often) the software with bug fixes and additions but the price is right.

Dec 29, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #109 of 376
  There's a new FREE audio player that I'm currently using called GOM audio player from GRETECH Corp.  So far, I'm fairly impressed especially with its natural sounding EQ and a varied set of interesting Effects that can be switched on/off (Reverb settings, Backwards music, Room emulations, Bass boost etc).  The GOM video player also works very well as my preferred video player.  They regularly update (sometimes annoyingly too often) the software with bug fixes and additions but the price is right.

hi
and you use as audio player?

Dec 29, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #110 of 376
Hope you guys are not holding your breath on that one. ^^^^^
biggrin.gif

I use Music Bee it is also free and has a very good ripper as well.
Edit: it doesn't support Macs, oops!

I use Music Bee also. Curious how it compares to Exact Audio Copy.

Dec 29, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #113 of 376
I'm usually on a Mac laptop with Amarra Hifi to play from my iTunes library, I used to use Pure Music years ago and still do on an older Mac. When I boot my desktop Mac Mini into Windows 7 I have used a variety of solutions, none completely satisfying. I also have an Android tablet and an iPhone. I have also bought a fair amount of CD's through Amazon over the years, and they have created a digital streaming library for me of my CD purchases accessible from their Amazon Music app. I have also signed up for Prime membership lately, which includes quite a few more free titles I don't already own to browse from.

Anyways this is a great player for my devices and even my Mac/PCs, the desktop version even lets you select various quality levels and setting it to high on my Mac I find no need to boot up my Amarra sQ streaming sound enhancing software. When I searched for Amazon Music on this site nothing came up, so I'm posting it here. It sounds great to me with various DACs and it's simple to use, and if you've bought CDs or are a Prime member it's really worth checking out. Unlike their video player, you can put the Amazon Music on a device independently from their shopping software which is also a plus.

I have been listening to Greg Lake's Songs of a Lifetime and Kieth Emerson's Live From Manticore Hall in the wake of their demise this year, courtesy of Amazon Prime and they are great live recordings. I highly recommend them as well as the players.

Dec 31, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #115 of 376
hi
nobody has mentioned Aimp , great audio player engine!

Jan 2, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #117 of 376
 I use Music Bee also. Curious how it compares to Exact Audio Copy.

i am NOT a fan of exact audio copy at all! i went out and bought one of the "authorized CDs" that are supposed to be used for calibrating the system, but was never able to get it to work whereas audiograbber has always done the job on readable discs without fuss if not bit accurately.

Jan 3, 2017 at 1:46 AM Post #118 of 376
  i am NOT a fan of exact audio copy at all! i went out and bought one of the "authorized CDs" that are supposed to be used for calibrating the system, but was never able to get it to work whereas audiograbber has always done the job on readable discs without fuss if not bit accurately.

hi but exact audio copy is a ripper , maybe the best with all the settings

Jan 3, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #119 of 376

I just ripped 150 of my CDs this weekend only using EAC and it worked like a champ... I used to use Audiograbber but switched to EAC years ago and never looked back

What issues are you having?

Jan 3, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #120 of 376
I, too, had problems with EAC.  Some tracks just would not rip.  Switched to dBPowerAmp, which solved all the problems I was having.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back