Best 'complete power solution' for $2k
Nov 4, 2002 at 7:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Czilla9000

10 Year Member. Still no custom title.
Hi all...

I was wondering on what the best power solution is for 2k...this includes the following:

Power Conditioner/Surge Protector

Regulated AC to DC converter (24V)

2 Power Cables (one to link power condisioner to wall...and another better one to link power condisioner to converter)

ALL THE COMPONENTS MUST BE HEAVILY SHIELDED, AND NOT EMIT MUCH EMI/ MUST NOT BE SUSSEPTABLE TO EMI

Thank you. I will be back in a week to check the post.

EDIT: In case you are wondering, it is for a top secret project of mine
very_evil_smiley.gif
. You will hear about it in oh...6 months....MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Nov 6, 2002 at 8:37 PM Post #2 of 9
if you spend $2K on power stuff... i would laugh my ass off.

I could build a COMPLETE SYSTEM for that much...

Unless you are using a $20,000+ system, it would most likely be a waste of money.

Just get a monster power conditioner and some nice power cables.

Nov 6, 2002 at 10:09 PM Post #4 of 9
PS Audio 300 definitely. Make your own cables for around $300 - you'll be able to make many for that price, it includes $150 for a roll of 1/2" ID copper braid tubing as shield.
What do you need to power with 24V? Depending on the load the Gilmore power supply might be a good start.

Nov 8, 2002 at 8:10 AM Post #5 of 9
If you have $2000 to spend you might want to check out the Stealth Power Purifier by Audio Magic. There are tons of incredible reviews on it and it's said to outperform the Ps audio and others. Their website is www.audio-magic.com Power conditioning in my opinion makes such a hugh difference in the sound you get from your system. Unfortunately, I don't have that kind of money to spend or I would be trying one of these myself.

Nov 9, 2002 at 4:35 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by TimSchirmer
if you spend $2K on power stuff... i would laugh my ass off.

I could build a COMPLETE SYSTEM for that much...

Unless you are using a $20,000+ system, it would most likely be a waste of money.

Just get a monster power conditioner and some nice power cables.

Yes I know...but I won't be the person spending money on it.

EDIT: I realize that 2k is a little obsessive.

Nov 11, 2002 at 11:08 PM Post #7 of 9
I've been looking for a good conditioner for my HT system as well...what do you guys think about B-P-T

Jude did a review that makes their product(s) sound very promising. And, I get the impression from e-mails and from the website that it's a small company. (lower overhead, not as much money spent on marketing, etc.)

has anyone compared B-P-T to PS Audio? or Monster?

I think I'm going with the B-P-T 2 with the works
wink.gif

tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Nov 15, 2002 at 12:10 AM Post #9 of 9
I have heard good things about B-P-T as well, based on the reviews here and elsewhere. I've been in contact with Chris Hoff, and he is quoting me a good price for a unit that will meet my needs. As part of that quote he is offering a 15% discount to head-fi members.
biggrin.gif
Which certainly doesn't hurt. I'll be ordering mine soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back