Best closed for iBasso D10 under 300€ (400-500$) sweat resistant
Sep 8, 2009 at 11:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

skynetman

New Head-Fier
I now have my AKG K55 (the only closed <=32ohm available at the time) connected to a Creative Audigy 2 ZS but i can't drive them at their best. Harmonic distortion kills my ears to reach a decent volume and i can't EQ to give it some bass (lost with years) as i'm already at saturation.
So i just placed an order for one iBasso D10 to amplify my audigy via optical/digital or my Creative Zen when i'm away (i can build myself an A class discrete amplifier using line out on D10 if necessary, i really wanted to kill EMI of my pc with an external DAC).

I need a CLOSED headphone that can be used for hours of listening.
I do NOT play games at pc.
I like alternative/pop/dance music but i prefer Monitor flat response and tweak if necessary via EQ (i do some audio recording/editing and need accurate response).
They need to be easily driven by my D10 (100+100mW on 32 ohm).
External noise attenuation is VERY important as my room is noisy (8 fans in pc case + UPS + another pc sometimes....).
Remember that they need to be quite sweat resistant....or i'll need new ones soon.

It seems a good choice would be a pair of Shure SRH840.... anything better for an hundred bucks more? (don't say a D7000... that's a lot more ^_^).

Thx!!!

Sep 9, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #3 of 9
I'd definitely recommend the SRH840 with the D10. I use my SRH840s at work (with my D10 outputing FLAC to bypass the shyte soundard in my Dell Workstation). It easily drowns out the AC unit right over my desk as well as the animated Chinese conversations my colleague has on the other side of the cubicle.

They do get a little hot, but I don't think sweat would damage them. . . they're made like a tank as far as I can tell.

Sep 9, 2009 at 9:02 AM Post #7 of 9
Thx guys!!!
I thought monitor headphones could be good for music but it seems that this is not always true...
Are the 8.35 D good for standard listening too?
No one in that thread compared them to SRH840, why? Are 8.35 so much better?

About noise:
I already did what i could for my pc: I replaced the three 12cm fan with low noise Noctua NF-P12 and the three 8cm fans with Noctua NF-R8. I replaced the CPU cooler fan with a 12cm noctua too.
I reduced the speed of my cross fan flow Coolermaster Cross Flow Fan - Tom's Hardware and i bought a GFX card with a silent fan (Gainward HD4850 Golden Sample).
I have an enermax noisetaker too, but the global noise is loud anyway.
I can't go lower than this with 6 HDD inside the case and an overclocked Q6600....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back