Best Closed back headphones?
Feb 9, 2021 at 10:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

reiten966

Head-Fier
Home office is becoming a new norm, and a closed-back can is essential for blocking noise from kids or other people at home. Does anyone have recommendations for TOTL closed-back headphones?

Feb 9, 2021 at 10:09 PM Post #3 of 19
Focal Stellia, Sony Z1R, Denon AH-D9200, Fostex TH900, LCD XC, ZMF Verite Closed, ZMF Eikon. Few more I am missing, there's a huge closed back megathread if you scroll down a bit
Thank you so much!

Feb 9, 2021 at 10:12 PM Post #5 of 19
The ZMF Verite Closed would be my recommendation, they are the best closed phones I've heard.
I have the Verite open, How does the closed version sound compare to the open one?

Feb 10, 2021 at 3:13 AM Post #9 of 19
Hmm do the Denon and Fostex really count as closed back? They kinda fail in the noise block department.
Totl my vote would go to Stellia
Stellia is a good option, does it have a similar sound signature to the Utopia?

Feb 10, 2021 at 3:34 AM Post #10 of 19
I recommend the Stellia. Had the ZMF Eikon and VeriteC but sold both. If you don’t mind a brighter sound signature the Beyerdynamic T5p is not bad and considerably cheaper than most competitors.

Feb 10, 2021 at 3:44 AM Post #12 of 19
I recommend the Stellia. Had the ZMF Eikon and VeriteC but sold both. If you don’t mind a brighter sound signature the Beyerdynamic T5p is not bad and considerably cheaper than most competitors.
Thanks for the recommendation. I grew up using the T1, so I thought I would like the T5p. But the T5p sounds way off for me and doesn't sound like a T1. Stellia sounds like a good option.

Feb 10, 2021 at 3:47 AM Post #13 of 19
Sennheiser hd820. I haven't tried any of these but this one is supposed to have a large soundstage and other open back qualities.
Thanks for the recommendation!

Feb 10, 2021 at 3:59 AM Post #14 of 19
Stellia and Verite Closed - tried many closed headphones and they're just the best for me. I also liked Fostex Th900 but they're more like half-open, so there is poor isolation.

Feb 10, 2021 at 4:44 AM Post #15 of 19
Stellia and Verite Closed - tried many closed headphones and they're just the best for me. I also liked Fostex Th900 but they're more like half-open, so there is poor isolation.
I think I will try the verite closed. I do have a verite open. How does the closed version sound compare to the open one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back