Best classical recordings...ever!
Apr 19, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #9,257 of 9,368
I thought of this and I'll have to learn how to get the music off of it & into Flac!
That's doable if you have a DVD reader attached to your computer, and if you are willing to install certain applications that you can find how with some googling. You'd miss Villazon acting though: he's quite the comedian!

Apr 28, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #9,262 of 9,368
This is the best I have heard by far
4D39B71D-9F8B-477A-B864-D4D0D605E857.jpeg

Apr 28, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #9,263 of 9,368
FYIW, Here is a link to an absolute treasure of important (many GREAT if not greatest) classical recordings. Many of which are particularly mindful/fantastic vinyl transfers:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrJiJHlSS3BUULZf_FH-zPQ

A true education's worth of great recordings IMO.
Thank you! I'll check out the videos tonight. Always great to be introduced to works that I'm unfamiliar with (Tchaikovsky, for one)!

Apr 28, 2020 at 8:19 PM Post #9,264 of 9,368
Also fwiw, that last post linking to cgoroo is a perspective on classical (among other stuff) record collecting that was an integral part of some music lovers' way of life in the 20th century.

He did it and documented it (very nicely indeed) FOR FREE for us all.

Several points:

1. The collection contains years careful research,
2. The collection seams to reflect many years of spending, listening, reflecting etc.
3. The collection was posted online for us to listen to(or no)t at our convenience FOR FREE.
4. Very few people I know have cared enough to do this.
5. Of those I know who have done this, most haven't done it as well.
6. I remember MANY people collecting and spending thousands of $ and not doing it as well IMO.
7. Etc...
8. There are many discoveries for me....

:beyersmile:

May 2, 2020 at 12:02 AM Post #9,270 of 9,368
Please What is up with quoting posts on this site. About 3 years ago it changed and I haven't been able to quote others properly. If you have a simple answer to this...
Never had a problem. Clicking on Reply will quote the post. Click on +Quote to select one or more posts you want to add to your reply (then click the "Insert quotes..." button below the reply editor, to insert the posts you've selected).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back