Best CIEM?
Jan 14, 2013 at 11:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ace8888

100+ Head-Fier
So, I've been thinking for sometimes about getting a custom... coming from Fitear 334 and tralucent 1plus2. I'd say it'd be nice to get both worlds advantages (1p2 soundstage, low bass; 334 liquid smooth mids) which one do you guys think is the best?

Fitear MH335DW
UM Miracle
Frogbeats C5
JH16

Or maybe any other suggestions?

I'm leaning towards fitear but still haven't decided yet..

Jan 14, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #2 of 7
Sounds tough to me to retain a forward midrange while still having a large and spacious soundstage. Based on reviews (don't quote me), the best compromise you can have is the Starkey SA-43, which unfortunately is now discontinued. Another good contender might be the SE-5 way, but not the easiest to get if you're outside the EU.

Jan 14, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #3 of 7
Sounds tough to me to retain a forward midrange while still having a large and spacious soundstage. Based on reviews (don't quote me), the best compromise you can have is the Starkey SA-43, which unfortunately is now discontinued. Another good contender might be the SE-5 way, but not the easiest to get if you're outside the EU.

Yes exactly, not sure if it's possible to achieve at all since they are basically on polar opposites lol. If can I would like to stick with the more mainstream brand. Thanks though for the suggestions, appreciate it :wink:

Jan 16, 2013 at 6:05 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
So, I've been thinking for sometimes about getting a custom... coming from Fitear 334 and tralucent 1plus2. I'd say it'd be nice to get both worlds advantages (1p2 soundstage, low bass; 334 liquid smooth mids) which one do you guys think is the best?

Fitear MH335DW
UM Miracle
Frogbeats C5
JH16

Or maybe any other suggestions?

I'm leaning towards fitear but still haven't decided yet..

Thanks
tongue.gif

Have you considered Heir 8A? I opted for this IEM based on all the rave reviews on it and that is has sound signatures relative to the LCD2, Lawton Denon 7000 and HE500. It's a warm sounding IEM with silky smooth treble and a spacious sound stage for an IEM. The bass is sick on them from what I'm hearing. A bassy signature but very well controlled and integrated into the sound. Pretty much I am also a sucker for bassy signatures as long as it doesn't muddy the presentation and from what I'm hearing the 8As shouldn't fail in that regard. I think if you are accustomed to 334 bass the 8A shouldn't be an issue. At least going off from what muppet said, the 8A bass is thicker but more controlled than the 334, so tighter and faster. This IEM tends to be a good all-arounder and excels at genres like Rock. Very good accuracy as well. I can't wait to get mine! :) I figured I wanted an IEM that is a 180 difference from my neutral 1Plus2s and in that I'm hoping the 8As won't disappoint....
gs1000.gif

Jan 16, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
Have you considered Heir 8A? I opted for this IEM based on all the rave reviews on it and that is has sound signatures relative to the LCD2, Lawton Denon 7000 and HE500. It's a warm sounding IEM with silky smooth treble and a spacious sound stage for an IEM. The bass is sick on them from what I'm hearing. A bassy signature but very well controlled and integrated into the sound. Pretty much I am also a sucker for bassy signatures as long as it doesn't muddy the presentation and from what I'm hearing the 8As shouldn't fail in that regard. I think if you are accustomed to 334 bass the 8A shouldn't be an issue. At least going off from what muppet said, the 8A bass is thicker but more controlled than the 334, so tighter and faster. This IEM tends to be a good all-arounder and excels at genres like Rock. Very good accuracy as well. I can't wait to get mine! :) I figured I wanted an IEM that is a 180 difference from my neutral 1Plus2s and in that I'm hoping the 8As won't disappoint....
gs1000.gif

I do hope that you will like your 8As, Lee.
A friend of mine told me that his 335DW has a sound signature that resembles LCD3... He owns LCD2, LCD3 as well...
What bothers me is their price.. For a 5 driver they cost that much, and others like JH18, UM Miracle, and Heir 8A  has 8 drivers each and they cost just half the 335DW... I don't know if the quality is really there ( 5 drivers vs 8 drivers ) as I have not demo'ed the 335DW myself. If I make the purchase it's solely based on my blind faith on FitEar. Plus, I can't sell the 335DW if I don't like it, hmmm tough decision lol

Jan 16, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
I do hope that you will like your 8As, Lee.
A friend of mine told me that his 335DW has a sound signature that resembles LCD3... He owns LCD2, LCD3 as well...
What bothers me is their price.. For a 5 driver they cost that much, and others like JH18, UM Miracle, and Heir 8A  has 8 drivers each and they cost just half the 335DW... I don't know if the quality is really there ( 5 drivers vs 8 drivers ) as I have not demo'ed the 335DW myself. If I make the purchase it's solely based on my blind faith on FitEar. Plus, I can't sell the 335DW if I don't like it, hmmm tough decision lol

Diminishing return is to be expected, but to be honest I speculate that part of the reason for the otherworldly price tag is because it's intended for the domestic market alone. Japanese folks are undoubtedly cash rich. But there's no doubt that there must be something very special in it for people to fork out that much money.

And we all know better than to judge an IEM's sound quality based on the number of drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back