Best chifi Campfire andromeda imitation
Nov 12, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #16 of 21
After hearing the awesome Andromeda, I also wanted a bit more bass. Campfire's answer is the Andromeda Gold, which is currently out of stock. T800 is pretty close to it tuning-wise. Andromeda Gold still has a tad more detail everywhere.

thanks, well I think for me what really drew me was the out of this world soundstage and imaging. How does the t800 compare in this regard?

Nov 12, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #17 of 21
thanks, well I think for me what really drew me was the out of this world soundstage and imaging. How does the t800 compare in this regard?
Did not hear that much difference in sound stage. Imaging / detail / instrument separation was pretty close, but still: T800<Andromeda Gold<Andromeda

Nov 12, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #18 of 21
I actually also suggest getting the original Andromeda. The advancements in chi-fi are great, but there is only one original...

I got the T800 because I wanted the same thing like you - something Made in China that sounds like Andromeda. I was very happy to hear that T800 is more similar to Andromeda gold. Also listened to Fearless Roland $1k hybrid, but didn't get them, cause the sound was a bit "processed", like from older BT IEMs. Now I think Andromeda would complement my T800 very well.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #19 of 21
The T800 are such great value at $250 used in the classified section

Even $300 new is a great price for it.

Jul 21, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #21 of 21
Thanks, had a thought about the LZ A6. Is that andromeda like as well?
T800<LZ A6. With the LZ A6, depending on which filter you choose, you will find an Andromeda-like tuning, but with more sub-bass extension. The treble and highs on the LZ A6 are simply endgame. Very unique and airy. You won't find that on the 200-300$ range, with the exception of LZ A6.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back