Best chifi Campfire andromeda imitation
Nov 8, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #2 of 21
Hi, just hoping to know what the community has settled on as the best chifi IEM like the andromeda when you don’t have $1000 to spend.

I haven't heard the Andromeda but some folks in the audiosense dedicated thread say the audiosense T800 can hit 80 - 90% sound quality of the Andromeda. Costs $298 usd but maybe u can read more about it.

The best IEM (though it's chinese) i have heard is the QDC Anole VX but that's > $2K USD.

Nov 8, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #3 of 21
Hi, just hoping to know what the community has settled on as the best chifi IEM like the andromeda when you don’t have $1000 to spend.
Might be worth keeping an eye out for black friday deals? Alowarehouse might be worth keeping an eye on as well (part of campfire as well).

Nov 8, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #4 of 21
Audiosense T800 - $298
S8Pro - $489
Moondrop A8 - $669

There are a few others in the $400-$500 price range that really good.

You can get all of these used for cheaper.

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #5 of 21
Do you want the same frequency response as the Andromeda, or just a very high quality IEM for less?

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #6 of 21
Audiosense T800 is much closer soundwise to Andromeda Gold rather than the original Andromeda.

Nov 9, 2019 at 12:59 AM Post #7 of 21
I would like as close to the andromeda sound signature as possible for the least price (like basically everyone). I assume that chifi is the way to go here, with someone figuring out which company uses the same drivers, etc.

Nov 9, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #8 of 21
I would like as close to the andromeda sound signature as possible for the least price (like basically everyone). I assume that chifi is the way to go here, with someone figuring out which company uses the same drivers, etc.
There are a couple of major factors here to consider. First, the Andro is an open chamber design, which is pretty unusual in ChiFi, so unusual I can't think of a single example. Same with the crossover network- to my knowledge the Andro doesn't use crossovers.

All that said, you might get something with a similar FR, but it likely won't sound at all like the Andro.

Same drivers? Well, ironically, most higher end ChiFi use better drivers- Campfire is known to use Belsing drivers, Knowles knockoffs.

Nov 10, 2019 at 2:14 AM Post #9 of 21
Ok so would I be correct in assuming there is nothing else on the chifi market that sounds like the andromeda but the andromeda because of its fundamental design. Closest being the audiosense t800? The reason I asked the question is because the andromeda is the best I have ever heard, like ever and I can’t imagine needing anything more than that.

Nov 10, 2019 at 5:14 AM Post #10 of 21
Ok so would I be correct in assuming there is nothing else on the chifi market that sounds like the andromeda but the andromeda because of its fundamental design. Closest being the audiosense t800? The reason I asked the question is because the andromeda is the best I have ever heard, like ever and I can’t imagine needing anything more than that.
Then instead of chasing the rainbow, perhaps save your hard earned and buy what you really want when you can comfortably afford it instead of the next best thing? Could be more satisfying that way anyway. As said before black friday is coming up so no idea what offers Campfire will do (or for that matter alowarehouse deals which is part of the campfire brand). That or keep an eye on the fs boards here if you don't mind second hand.

Nov 12, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #14 of 21
For me it wasn’t other than a little more bass. The Andromedas are magical!
Is it even possible to want something else after hearing the andromeda? Do people ever sidegrade from the andromeda, and if so which IEM?

I mean, there are all sorts of reasons to prefer something else. No one IEM is perfect; rather, the question is which fits your needs best.

Nov 12, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #15 of 21
Is it even possible to want something else after hearing the andromeda? Do people ever sidegrade from the andromeda, and if so which IEM?
After hearing the awesome Andromeda, I also wanted a bit more bass. Campfire's answer is the Andromeda Gold, which is currently out of stock. T800 is pretty close to it tuning-wise. Andromeda Gold still has a tad more detail everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back