Best Chi-Fi IEMs $50-$250USD
Feb 1, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #16 of 18
I am mightily impressed with the new Reecho SG-03s. Big bang for bucks at $69.

$200. Penon Vortex gets my vote for excellent all rounder not to mention one of the most comfortable IEMs due to its smaller shell size. Not a small sound though.

@ $300 Yanyin Canons have tuning switches that actually enhance the 3 parts of the sound throwing out a stout 8 different sound configurations. You can go V shaped, more mid centric. more treble or more bass and any combination there of. Very versatile sound and has great technicalities. Next level LZ A7 imo.

Canons might be more difficult to come by it seems nowadays. To be honest there is a whole bunch of very good allround performers I did not mention but those 3 stand out to me at their price points.

Feb 1, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #17 of 18
I am mightily impressed with the new Reecho SG-03s. Big bang for bucks at $69.

$200. Penon Vortex gets my vote for excellent all rounder not to mention one of the most comfortable IEMs due to its smaller shell size. Not a small sound though.

@ $300 Yanyin Canons have tuning switches that actually enhance the 3 parts of the sound throwing out a stout 8 different sound configurations. You can go V shaped, more mid centric. more treble or more bass and any combination there of. Very versatile sound and has great technicalities. Next level LZ A7 imo.

Canons might be more difficult to come by it seems nowadays. To be honest there is a whole bunch of very good allround performers I did not mention but those 3 stand out to me at their price points.
Is there anything in the sub $300 price range you recommend with excellent timbre and some nice warmth? That's how the Penon Serial came to be recommended to me, I was looking for an IEM that sounded similar to the Denon D9200.

Feb 1, 2023 at 5:57 PM Post #18 of 18
Penon Serial all the way. The only catch on those is that they absolutely require a substantial burn in. We are talking 2 weeks of it. It has 3 dynamics and each one requires it. So I can only recommend the Serial for folks that are willing to do that.

Let me put it this way. Owner of Penon burned the Serail in before he sent them to HBB for reviewing as that guy does zero burn in. Was my suggestion actually. Lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back