Best cheap earbuds?
Aug 31, 2006 at 10:37 PM Post #17 of 26
Hmm, well I've decided to get either the ER6 or the ER6i, I can't decide, the ER6i is supposed to be easier to drive from a mp3 player, and has more bass, but the ER6 has better accuracy, and is black(which is a plus).

So better representation of the sound, or more bass.

Help me decide.

Aug 31, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #18 of 26
i had the er6i before they broke and I currently use the ep630s. The er6i is better but not when you factor in the cost, the ep630 has great bang for the buck and unlike most of the other headphones in its price range it has no huge flaws. Amazon is currently sold out though thats where i bought mine.

Sep 1, 2006 at 1:18 AM Post #19 of 26
Hey guys, I just got my first mp3 player and am looking for some decent cheap headphones to use until I eventually put down the cash for some nice $100+ ones. Basically I am looking to spend only 30 or 40 dollars and my research has led me to be looking at the creative ep-630's and the sennheiser cx300-s.

I want some isolation but its ok if it isn't the best as long as it makes a noticeable difference. I don't want to have to damage my hearing just to hear the music over background noise but I don't mind being able to be aware of whats around me. These are going to be my cheap wear everywhere earbuds or iem's so sometimes I might need to be able to be aware of whats around me.

The sennheisers are a little more expensive. Is it worth it? They are $40 on amazon right now. If they are much better than the creatives then I wouldn't mind although $30 sounds a lot better to me for some reason. Only problem with the creatives is I can't find anywhere that has them in stock. What do you guys think? I am new to all of this but I have been reading all day.

Sep 1, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by m3ta1head
The earbuds that come with iRivers are MX400s. Lovely earbuds-very balanced, crisp highs, but absolutely no bass at all-they sound flat.

My EP-630s destroy them.

you can get bass out of mx400s... you just lose the use of your hands because they are holding the buds in the position required to get that bass

Sep 1, 2006 at 6:21 AM Post #21 of 26
lol im in highschool and i have to hide phones too.

you wear a hoodie and run the the wire up ur sleave. rest your head in your hand.

if the teacher suspects you, you just slip the wire back in your sleave.

but since i usually get As, teachers dont really pay attenntion to what i do.

some classes i just sit in the back with both phones in and zone out.

why pay attention to crap ive heard 10 times (mostly in past school years) already?

Sep 2, 2006 at 2:43 AM Post #22 of 26
The bass on the mx400/500 improves greatly by switching out he foamies with the cheap replacements from Radio Shack. Creative EP630's are usually available from Creative's Ebay store.

Sep 13, 2006 at 9:17 PM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by funkadelic
Assuming you are listineing to an MP3 player Then you won't need and amp for buds/in-ears.

I think the Creative EP-630 is exactly what you are looking for and well within your budget.

Simon

How are the Creative EP-630s? I haven't seen many topics discussing them (then again, I don't dig deep into the later pages). The prices on them are pretty cheap, and I'm thinking of getting IEMs to use on the subway/train.

Sep 13, 2006 at 11:28 PM Post #24 of 26
The bass of the mx400/500 improves greatly with a $2 investment into the foamie replacements from Radio Shack.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3ta1head
The earbuds that come with iRivers are MX400s. Lovely earbuds-very balanced, crisp highs, but absolutely no bass at all-they sound flat.

My EP-630s destroy them.

you can get bass out of mx400s... you just lose the use of your hands because they are holding the buds in the position required to get that bass

Oct 12, 2012 at 4:20 AM Post #25 of 26
Dude, this is definitely going to help you out: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-256-iems-compared-rock-it-sounds-r-20-r-30-added-09-29-12

Its an awesome collection of 256 searchable and thoughtful reviews ranging from the cheapest to the most expensive earphones.  Check it out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back