Best case for 60gb Ipod?
May 24, 2005 at 10:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Jmmmmm

Headphoneus Supremus
What are the best cases that will fit on the 60gigger? I believe it's the same size as the old 40gb version, too.

I want it to be a minimalist as possible, and it needs to have a space at the bottom to access the...slot thing, to use a ram din. This means I don't want a vaja case, or any other large leather contraption with zippers and buttons and whatnot. I'm not sure if I want a clip on the back or not. If I don't end up using it, it will just add bulk, but I actually use the clip on my karma case most of the time. So, I guess a Small clip would be good, but not mandatory. I also want it to have a screen protector. I'd like it be $20 or less, and will spend up to $30, but no more than that, unless everything under that sucks.

I was thinking some kind of iskin case, or something like that. There are so many things out there, though, I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks

Also, is there a difference in the ram din and sik din, other than the cable? Is there a reason to get the sik din (or some other type) over the ram din?

May 24, 2005 at 10:33 PM Post #2 of 29
On the case issue - An iSkin sounds just the job for you. They add hardly any extra bulk to the player and come with a belt clip that is completely removable - The port cover on the bottom also accomodates the Sik without issue. The only down side is their love for fluff! - nothing a rinse off with some soapy water won't rectify though!
biggrin.gif
Also ships with a good screen protector too...

May 25, 2005 at 12:39 AM Post #3 of 29
May 25, 2005 at 1:01 AM Post #5 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
The old 40GB is actually between the thickness of the 30GB Photo and 60GB Photo, so be careful. Have you considered a Podsleevz - http://www.radtech.us/Products/podsleevz.aspx

How much padding do those cases offer? Is it more of a scratch resistor or would it give some protection in a fall?

May 25, 2005 at 3:15 AM Post #6 of 29
The Podsleevz won't help much in a fall. The Xtrememac leather case might, depending on how it lands.

IMO the Podsleevz do give you a better grip on the iPod, so you'd be less likely to have it slip from your hand or glove in the first place. Don't know if that addresses your concern or not, but FWIW.

May 25, 2005 at 6:16 AM Post #8 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
The old 40GB is actually between the thickness of the 30GB Photo and 60GB Photo, so be careful. Have you considered a Podsleevz - http://www.radtech.us/Products/podsleevz.aspx

Actually, the 40GB is the exact same size as the 60GB.. unless you're talking about the 4G 40GB which was almost the same size of the 30GB photo.

4th gen 40GB - 0.69" thick
30GB photo - 0.63"
40GB/60GB photo - 0.75"

May 25, 2005 at 6:31 AM Post #9 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtbross
Mindknob looks like it has a nice case for the Ipod. www.mindknob.com

unfortunately jbp's ipod case is only for the 20gb version. I would buy it if it would fit the 60gigger, it looks like what I want.

This ipod accessory stuff is killing me, I've already spent $45 on accessories and I haven't even gotten a remote yet.
The karma's 2 available accessories was a curse and a blessing....

May 25, 2005 at 9:08 AM Post #12 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbrain
I hear these are pretty good
http://www1.vajacases.com/home_en.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
This means I don't want a vaja case

Read his post before posting!
icon10.gif

Anyways enough with the anal-lity.. if thats even a word.

I say go for iSkin. When i had one i researched cases quite a lot and imo it is the best choice. It probably adds the most protection while not adding much bulk.

May 25, 2005 at 9:37 AM Post #13 of 29
I like my Marware case. Made of neoprene (sp?) and has a slot at the bottom for Sik Din which closed up with a lid. The lid doesn't work easily, so I just cut it off. Case has a belt clip, which is how I use iPod. Marware.com.

May 25, 2005 at 7:27 PM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
I want it to be a minimalist as possible, and it needs to have a space at the bottom to access the...slot thing, to use a ram din. This means I don't want a vaja case, or any other large leather contraption with zippers and buttons and whatnot.

Vaja Cases DO have access to the dock connector on the bottom (and no zippers or buttons that I know of). It still may be a little bulky for you, but they are really nice cases if you wanna drop the money on one. I have an iSkin and it works fine, even with my iTrip. I will say that the iSkin screen protectors are nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back