Best canalphones/IEMs for around $100 for techno/gaming?
Nov 28, 2008 at 9:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

N4V

New Head-Fier
What would you recommend?

I just bought the HD555s, letting it burn in, but the bass is pretty lacking.

What would be a good set of canalphones or earbuds that have a good amount of bass, and would work great for PC gaming? I'd be wanting to spend around $100, any recommendations appreciated. I would use them for gaming, and music would be techno/rock/some hip hop.

Thanks.

Nov 29, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #3 of 21
Shooters mostly, Left 4 Dead and Team Fortress 2 mainly.

A little bit of Fallout 3, and in terms of music, house/techno/trance, classic rock, and then some current hip hop.

Nov 29, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #5 of 21
No I haven't, would you mind linking it?

I just searched Google and found a review online that said Sennheiser CX 95s have more of a thumping bass than the Denons, how are those you think?

Nov 29, 2008 at 1:13 AM Post #7 of 21
Also, just wondering how do the ER6i's that are on Amazon for $50 right now compare to the C751's, the cheapest I found the C751s was for $113 including shipping, worth 2x as much?

I'm still letting my HD555s burn in, but I really can't see the bass all of a sudden become the level I want it to be at with 50 more hours of use.

Nov 29, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #9 of 21
Ok, how do those 3 compare? Sorry for all the questions, I really don't know jack about headphones, the 555s I'm wearing were kind of an impulse buy, should have researched and asked around here beforehand.

Nov 29, 2008 at 1:30 AM Post #10 of 21
From memory, the 551s had more and better bass than the 95s. Definitely better bass, not as confident about more. The 751s, from what I've read, have less bass than the 551s, but it's good bass. Nicely defined, tight bass.

Do a search for the 751 thread.

Nov 29, 2008 at 1:36 AM Post #11 of 21
I'm looking at the thread now, the impressions thread right?

Also, could you explain what you mean by defined/tight bass, a lot of the HD555 reviews were saying the same thing, but I find the bass very lacking on these headphones. Being in a small town I have to rely on online ordering, so I really don't want to end up with the wrong headphones again.

Are the Denon C751s worth twice as much as the C551s?

Nov 29, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #12 of 21
Hmm...I wouldn't say twice as much, no. But they don't cost twice as much, do they?

Defined/tight bass just means that the bass isn't muffled and boomy. It shouldn't mean weak or absent bass.

Nov 29, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #14 of 21
Also, I just realized that I'd be replacing tips with IEMs, I've never owned a pair of IEMs before, but how often can I expect to replace the tips with daily use of these IEMs? I don't want to end up spending money frequently just to use something I've already paid a good amount for.

Nov 29, 2008 at 3:36 AM Post #15 of 21
If you are using silicon tips then I'd say they would last a very long time. I've never had to replace any of my silicon tips on my current iem's. Foams, however, tend to wear out to the point that it's necessary to replace. The time varies with what type of foam tips you use and how much wear they get over the course of time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back