best cables for the Denon AH-D7000
Oct 10, 2009 at 11:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

proteuskim

100+ Head-Fier
I was looking at SAA and ALO. I saw one person mentioned the Black Dragon from Moon Audio. I like the way the SAA Equinox Cable looks but I trust ALO products b/c im a sucker and a brand specific person when it comes to cables since i really dont know what kind of wire some other companies are actually using.

Oct 11, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #3 of 6
I have listen to the D5000 w/ the Jenna cable as per MarkL and it kicks but, very nice and natural sounding. On a budget I have had very good results w/ Zynsonic's Xev silver plated copper on my D2000. Ideally you should listen to the cable to make up your mind.

Oct 12, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by HD-5000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is wrong with the stock cable?

nothing really. just thought if there was room for improvement. also i like the way the SAA cables look.

Oct 12, 2009 at 12:33 PM Post #5 of 6
Before you jump on purchasing cable from SAA, email SAA to make sure the cable you're about to purchase will look same as the one on website gallery. This is because in regards to HD800 VOICE, they ceased doing external 4 braid design on actual production model and YET still puts picture of original 4 braid design on website. I can't believe they still use the original picture on website..

Oct 12, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #6 of 6
good to know. thanks. it would suck to spend $500+ on a cable and not get what is advertised in the photo. looks like i will go SAA though, since Ken from ALO said he doesn't do any cabling for the D7000 yet. It's a shame b/c I really like ALO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back