Best Cables for Mini 1/8'' to RCA ?
Mar 13, 2006 at 4:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

VILLY_SHARP

New Head-Fier
hi !

OK, I can't say to you,how much I'm confused to choose the best cables possible to put beetween my cd player and my amp. I just wanna have your answers and suggest about the best mini 1/8'' mini to RCA cables that we can buy on the market today. I really wanna have the best from the best.

I read a lot of topics and reviews on cables, and now i'm very near to buy my cable but before that I ABSOLUTELY need your recommendations ! Please give me your list of high qaulity cables.

TanX about it !

Mar 13, 2006 at 4:49 AM Post #2 of 16
What source and amp are you using? What is your budget?

I think SignalCable (www.signalcable.com) makes good quality and affordable cables, and they offer 2 versions (copper and silver) of the 1/8th -> RCA variety.

Mar 13, 2006 at 5:00 AM Post #3 of 16
My source is a Panasonic CD player - SL-CT810 and for my amp I actualy doesn't have an amp but I seriously look for the Gilmore Lite and for the budget, I better like pay more for the right cables.

Mar 13, 2006 at 9:32 AM Post #4 of 16
I haven’t personally tried many Y-cables, but I can warmly recommend Enigma Audio's gold alloy cable (member grandenigma1). In comparison to a $5 item, it offers a "huge" improvement in soundstage size and the frequency extremes are greatly extended. The cable gives great presence to artists and has a slightly warm tint to the sound.

Mar 13, 2006 at 1:37 PM Post #5 of 16
QUNEXJ2P.JPG

I use one of these: QED Qunez J2P

Not extremely expensive and not very cheap. £20, just right.
580smile.gif

eBay was my friend.

Mar 13, 2006 at 3:40 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by VILLY_SHARP
I really wanna have the best from the best.

As far as mini cables are concerned, the Diamond Reference is really exceptional. RnB180 has just introduced a mini to RCA that should seriously be considered if you want the very best. Here's his Mall-Fi ad:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=164636

Mar 13, 2006 at 4:48 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

hi !

I just wanna have your answers and suggest about the best mini 1/8'' mini to RCA cables that we can buy on the market today. I really wanna have the best from the best.

The best of the best probably will cost more than several times the cost of the source that you have listed. Perhpas you could give a budget range that you are willing to spend on IC's?

Mar 13, 2006 at 8:15 PM Post #9 of 16
Tanx for the recommendention and now if I have to give you a choice, wich cables would you choose ?

Signal Cables
Silvers Dragons
Enigma Cables
RnB Black Diamond cables
Cardas Cables
Zu Cables

Mar 13, 2006 at 9:08 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Tanx for the recommendention and now if I have to give you a choice, wich cables would you choose ?

Signal Cables
Silvers Dragons
Enigma Cables
RnB Black Diamond cables
Cardas Cables
Zu Cables

I would choose the cable that synergizes the best with the rest of my system and with a sound signature I like
very_evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif
You know it your self; what cable you would find good is about impossible for us to tell you: It is all about taste, wallet size and cosmetic preferences.

I told Enigma Audio about my sonic preferences, and I got this one.
eggosmile.gif
[size=xx-small]Sorry for the size.
[/size]
IMG_0371.jpg

NOTE. This is with a 1/4", but he can make you a cable with a 1/8". You decide the length and connector types.

Mar 13, 2006 at 9:21 PM Post #12 of 16
BTW. If nobody has welcomed you yet; welcome to Head-Fi.org. We're sorry about your wallet.
evil_smiley.gif

Speaking about monetary issues. I don't think you will get one for the prices mentioned in the other posts. Just PM him for a quote. I don't have any affiliation what so ever with him besides being the owner of this cable and being a very content customer.

Mar 13, 2006 at 11:48 PM Post #13 of 16
Just an FYI. GrandEnigma does not have any Gold Alloy at the moment so getting that particular interconnect isn't really a possiblity, that said he will work with you to find a solution that fits your needs.

Mar 19, 2006 at 2:49 AM Post #14 of 16
Villy I've owned an SL-CT800 and its very thin sounding using the head out and the lineout. I haven't tried the optical out yet. I am sure your's pretty much sounds the same.

Ipods and Macs playing cds and .flac have far better resolution.

It will be a waste to put too much resources into such a source. Crap in crap out as they say. If you have money to burn, change your source as well. Then go for the best cable, amps, and headphones out there while you are at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back