Best cable for Audeze LCD4?
Mar 11, 2021 at 2:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

mitchb

1000+ Head-Fier
I used to use an ALO Chain Mail 8 cable on my LCD3 headphones but when I got my LCD4 headphones I started using an Audio Art HPX-1SE cable and I find it an improvement over the ALO cable. I have the LCD4 stock cable but have not tried it. I find the Audio Art HPX-1SE cable an improvement by a large margin over the stock Focal Utopia cable as well. My question what is considered the best cable for the LCD4 headphones?

Mar 11, 2021 at 9:21 PM Post #5 of 23
The stock zmf cable is pretty nice these days, braided and only 60$. Same connector as audeze cables and, well it's only 60$! What a bargain compared to some cables! Other companies must be scratching their heads at figuring out how they can charge such a low price....

Mar 18, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #8 of 23
Norne Audio Silvergarde S4 8-wire Edition.

One of the best cables money can buy, however also on the pricy side (even though there are still cables costing multiples of that)

Mar 19, 2021 at 3:37 AM Post #9 of 23
I received my Lazuli Reference cables today and because my LCD4 headphones are in for repair I’m using the Lazuli Reference cable on my LCD-XC’s. I’m getting another LR! The cable is scary good.

Mar 19, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #10 of 23
I received my Lazuli Reference cables today and because my LCD4 headphones are in for repair I’m using the Lazuli Reference cable on my LCD-XC’s. I’m getting another LR! The cable is scary good.
Many questions here: what happened to your lcd-4?

How many cables did you buy?

Did you consider going to nirvana?

Are you looking for adult children to adopt?

Mar 19, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #11 of 23
My LCD4 headphones driver went imbalanced so they are hopefully getting their drivers replaced. I have a Lazuli Reference for my Utopia headphones and my LCD-XC headphones and I just put in an order for Lazuli Reference plus for my repaired to be LCD4 headphones. My wife and I have a daughter so sorry we’re not adopting more.

Mar 20, 2021 at 5:22 AM Post #13 of 23
The upgraded headphone cables are as big an improvement as an upgraded dac or amp. The improvement is much more than subtle. The sound is significantly better than before the cable upgrade. The price of the Lazuli Reference is scary but when experiencing them the fear subsides. Danacable offers a 30 day satisfaction guarantee or full refund but if you read the forums most people keep the cables even when they expected to return them after trying. The price is scary but the cables are scary good.

Mar 20, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #14 of 23
The upgraded headphone cables are as big an improvement as an upgraded dac or amp. The improvement is much more than subtle. The sound is significantly better than before the cable upgrade. The price of the Lazuli Reference is scary but when experiencing them the fear subsides. Danacable offers a 30 day satisfaction guarantee or full refund but if you read the forums most people keep the cables even when they expected to return them after trying. The price is scary but the cables are scary good.
30 days is a really good deal. That is tempting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back