Best Buy and the Playstation 3
Nov 16, 2006 at 10:14 PM Post #136 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin
It's also capitalism not to honor pre-orders to those with intent to resell. The resells do not increase PS3 profitability for EBGames, and not honoring them will increase customer goodwill towards EB Games.

Either way, appealing to capitalism while advocating what could easily be felony vandalism is incongruent.

Incongruent? Well it certainly wouldn't be ineffective. I am in no way trying to mix economics with the satisfaction of sticking it to the man with a brick. They are two independent events.

RYCeT makes a good point. If you need instant gratification maybe you should have started saving up, or planned to line up. How can anyone feel sympathy for a gamer who didn't get his hands on a ps3 on the release date, when there are people in countries that line up the same way to get bread? And to the people who are telling this kid who got screwed to get a life? How about telling these "real" gamers that just can't wait a few more weeks to play a ps3 to get a life?

Nov 16, 2006 at 10:18 PM Post #137 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne
I'd be very pissed if EB games shafted me as well. Although it might perfectly fair for them to do such a thing....

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin
It's also capitalism not to honor pre-orders to those with intent to resell. The resells do not increase PS3 profitability for EBGames, and not honoring them will increase customer goodwill towards EB Games.

not sure what your point was because we agreed in the first place....

Nov 16, 2006 at 11:26 PM Post #140 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne
RYCeT makes a good point. If you need instant gratification maybe you should have started saving up, or planned to line up. How can anyone feel sympathy for a gamer who didn't get his hands on a ps3 on the release date, when there are people in countries that line up the same way to get bread? And to the people who are telling this kid who got screwed to get a life? How about telling these "real" gamers that just can't wait a few more weeks to play a ps3 to get a life?

No one's asking for sympathy. You make it seem that it's a gamer's fault if he can't afford to buy one or have the time to wait in line. You belittle them, yet you're doing the same thing, but to profit off said "losers". How are you guys any better? Why should we feel sympathy when EB/GS or whoever catches your little auctions?

"boo hoo gamers", seriously that's both rude and immature. You're profiting off someone's loss (in a way), do what you gotta do, but realize that many will not agree with your actions. Don't try justifying by crapping on people.

Nov 16, 2006 at 11:52 PM Post #141 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne
Incongruent? Well it certainly wouldn't be ineffective. I am in no way trying to mix economics with the satisfaction of sticking it to the man with a brick. They are two independent events.

Sorry bout that, misread your post. Somehow skipped over the "Although it might perfectly fair for them to do such a thing...." part.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beach123456
Looks like waiting in line just got worse for some people:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6161886.html

Sounds like a good way to get yourself killed.

Nov 17, 2006 at 12:00 AM Post #142 of 142
I woulda waited til they had the ps3s first, then picked em off one by one.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back