CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 3, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #28,636 of 31,831
I will definitely add those to my wishlist, checked the graphs, looks like there is more sub bass then mid bass, might be what I am searching for...
Thanks
I recommend to pair with any ESS dac over AKM to dont let it be so much dark.

About starfield is not for enjoy bass with it, u are gonna lose the exceptional timbre.

I really think that u are gonna love the IKKO, its my personal reference for laid back listening of electro and rap music.

Tfz could be a cheaper bet it 100€ is so much for an iem

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #28,637 of 31,831
Hello, I have been watching this thread here and there, and several other iem threads, came across the moondrop thread and decided to buy a pair of starfieds, I really love the sound, much better then any other iems I have owned, but I listen to a fairly varied musical library and realized they don't do mainstream rap and some electronic (like 21 savage, or dj shadow) as well as they do prog rock, jazz and underground hip hop (like rush, Sergio Méndez, madlib)

Can you guys recommend a few options that are on a similar price point and similar level but with harder hitting sub bass (I prefer a dryer bass, with decent high treble and the mids not too far back)
Of course cheaper is also welcomed, I tried asking in the moondrop thread but got ignored so though I would try a couple other threads.
0.78mm 2 pin is a plus.
Thanks in advance
As @Podster sensei mentioned, BL-03 is good option. Another one that might fit your preferences is Tripowin Mele. Looks perfect for your requirements.

Sep 3, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #28,638 of 31,831
I recommend to pair with any ESS dac over AKM to dont let it be so mucha dark.
Sadly I don't have an ess dac, but the ak4495 dap I do have, is really really dry compared to the rest of the AK daps I have heard, don't know how ibasso did it, but it sounds like an ess with better sub bass

Sep 3, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #28,639 of 31,831
As @Podster sensei mentioned, BL-03 is good option. Another one that might fit your preferences is Tripowin Mele. Looks perfect for your requirements.
Thanks guys, I will see what prices are on the ikko during 11.11, I will also try to audition the IT00, tfz no.3, and the bl03.
You guys have really helped me narrow it down

Sep 3, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #28,640 of 31,831
Thanks guys, I will see what prices are on the ikko during 11.11, I will also try to audition the IT00, tfz no.3, and the bl03.
I get my ikko after test one pair of friend of mine.

Get on the ikko store with a pair of discounts, maybe u could send a mail to them to see if they got any discount for u.
Btw I have to pay taxes here, europe, with the new ioss regulation (6€)

Sep 3, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #28,641 of 31,831
As a free unsolicited advice, I'd say never judge Chi-fi with it's price. Because the law of diminishing returns hits really hard here. There's not much difference between $50 and $100 price bracket, I'd say a marginal upgrade in terms of SQ. My personal sweet spot is $60 where I feel you get a taste of what the 'Western' budget-fi category has to offer.

Wish you luck in getting your ideal IEM soon. (If that's the case ever for maniacs like us. Lol)

Sep 3, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #28,642 of 31,831
Yeah, just checked the ikko, after everything it will cost me around 180 new, and I found them used locally for 160 so I think I will maybe wait until next spring when kids sell there Christmas presents and the used market floods with cheaper prices

Sep 3, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #28,643 of 31,831
As a free unsolicited advice, I'd say never judge Chi-fi with it's price. Because the law of diminishing returns hits really hard here. There's not much difference between $50 and $100 price bracket, I'd say a marginal upgrade in terms of SQ. My personal sweet spot is $60 where I feel you get a taste of what the 'Western' budget-fi category has to offer.

Wish you luck in getting your ideal IEM soon. (If that's the case ever for maniacs like us. Lol)
Yeah, thanks, I do agree with you, I been into chifi for the last 5 years, and after 13 years of listening to my altec Lansing inmotion im6i6 (basically er4 with even less bass) that had the best isolation I could get when I bought them, they got broken, then I started looking to replace them, I missed sub bass so I bought "koss the plug" they broke a week later, so I did some research on the internet and heard good reviews in forums about xiaomi Mi piston, I liked them alot, better then any western product under 50 bucks, so I kept searching and saw the chifi thread on headfi, that had me grabbing kz iems and alot of chifi earbuds
After a few hundred bucks I realized the same, so I don't pay more then 100 for used iems, and I don't pay more then 150 for used over ears
I feel my sweet spot for iems is also around 50 bucks.

Sep 3, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #28,644 of 31,831
Yeah, just checked the ikko, after everything it will cost me around 180 new, and I found them used locally for 160 so I think I will maybe wait until next spring when kids sell there Christmas presents and the used market floods with cheaper prices
Oh mate, I forgot an unforgettable recommendation.

NF Audio na2. U could get them for 80bucks.

Just grab it. Now. U dont regret it for sure.

Sep 4, 2021 at 11:56 PM Post #28,646 of 31,831
anybody here who has sony mh755 can tell which other iem under $80 has better bass than mh755? does blon bl03 has significant more bass?

Depends what do you mean by "better bass"?

Do u prefer more bass quantity or quality? Quality refers to stuff like more texture, more speed, less midbass bleed and better timbre.

Sep 5, 2021 at 12:14 AM Post #28,648 of 31,831
I dont know much about those terms, btw if you compare bass of mh755 and bl03 which has more quantity and quality?

MH755 has better quality, less midbass bleed and more speedy. BL-03's bass is boomy and slower.

As for bass quantity, assuming stock tips are used (aftermarket eartips can increase/decrease subbass due to isolation), the BLON BL-03 has more quantity, especially at the midbass. Sony MH755 may have a tinge more subbass extension.

Those above are done with stock accessories, no mods (eg mesh mod), and with amping on an E1DA.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2021 at 3:41 AM Post #28,649 of 31,831
Depends what do you mean by "better bass"?

Do u prefer more bass quantity or quality? Quality refers to stuff like more texture, more speed, less midbass bleed and better timbre.
When i hear someone ask about better bass i automatically assume they are asking for quality. Ppl asking for more bass will usually ask for "heavier bass" or just more bass outright.

anybody here who has sony mh755 can tell which other iem under $80 has better bass than mh755? does blon bl03 has significant more bass?
Nada, bass quality in this price class usually boils down to how well its tuned and those are really a needle in a haystack. I myself was surprised at how good the MH755 was.

You could of course mod the MH755 to MMCX to use a better cable and still have it be below $50. I did

20210905_153514[1].jpg

20210905_153727[1].jpg

Sep 5, 2021 at 11:23 PM Post #28,650 of 31,831
both my Kbear Belive and my blon blo3 broke and im now stuck with an old tin t2 i had as backup. Im not really happy with the t2 after using the Belive as my daily.
Not sure what to get now tho. My budget would be around 170usd. Might get the Aria but not sure if there is anything better around that price range.
get CCA NRA. Aria has been dethroned. $23 only

Users who are viewing this thread

Back