CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 16, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #28,366 of 31,809
Try the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro. I bought 2 sets, I got them at $27 USD during Aliexpress sales (I think there's one big sale next week).

It has a neutralish sound signature, very low output impedance and good technicalities. Volume controller, no hiss, no heating up. By default it will automatically adjust the output power depending on the impedance of the connected IEM, but most of us who use it upgraded the firmware to a BHD firmware (this doubles the output) or we connect a 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm adapter to trick the Sonata HD Pro to output at the maximum 2V. It can drive most IEMs, maybe except planars and very low sensitivity stuff.
I've find It at e. 37/40 very nice.

The one i've posted has similar spec, but look more bass enhancer.

It's also possible rooting Qualcomm phone and use apps to enable the full audio Dac performance.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2021 at 8:12 AM Post #28,367 of 31,809
Hi all.

I'm digging in the forum and in this enormous tread :wink: , there are too much stuff and many outdated, I'm looking for a good on the go iem in the e.50 price range with good solid bass and detailed not fatiguing mids/trebles.
A fun relaxing well sounding iem...(all dream about this?? :))
I'm treble sensitive....

I ear every kind of music, from classical/lyrical to punk rock, from blues to EDM/Trance.

To explain my taste about the stuff I've:
Rock Zircon/Liam & Daan Swan nice fun warm sound, not well definend.

Blon bl03 better but I prefear more solid bass and just a little more refined warm mids/high.

Sennheiser Momentum very fun (the best of the bounce) but a little boomy, more refined details and could be perfect.

TRN V90 on the way........

In my radar by price:
NiceHCK DB3
CCA C10
TANCHJIM Cora Macaron
FINAL E3000
IBasso IT00

Any experience or suggestions?
+1 for Tanya

I would add BQEYZ KB100 (neutral to mid centric with slight bass boost and rolled off upper treble. smooth with good imaging and details) KC2 is similar but with more agressive upper mids and treble.

Final E1000 too. good all arounder. Like E3000 with less bass. Rather flat sounding but with natural timbre.

Rock Obsidian have been praise as a warm capable IEM but i personally didnt heard them. Might worth a check cause so cheap.

Moondrop SSP might worth a check as well. Warm mids centric. I really love the vocal of those.

Jun 16, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #28,368 of 31,809
+1 for Tanya

I would add BQEYZ KB100 (neutral to mid centric with slight bass boost and rolled off upper treble. smooth with good imaging and details) KC2 is similar but with more agressive upper mids and treble.

Final E1000 too. good all arounder. Like E3000 with less bass. Rather flat sounding but with natural timbre.

Rock Obsidian have been praise as a warm capable IEM but i personally didnt heard them. Might worth a check cause so cheap.

Moondrop SSP might worth a check as well. Warm mids centric. I really love the vocal of those.
Thank's NymPhonomaniacs.

All natural sounding earphone!

I was interest in the KB Ear KS2, Bqeyz Kc2 and E1000/2000...but was afraid they lacks in bass frequency and are a little to open in high, but this could not be a great problem if them shows good quality overall tone.

Moondrop SSP could need good power to be drive and maybe don't have enough bass for my taste?

I like deep solid bass but....

Am I asking to much in this price range?😁

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #28,370 of 31,809
Jun 16, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #28,371 of 31,809
Moondrop SSP could need good power to be drive and maybe don't have enough bass for my taste?
SSP are warm, power hungry. For Moondrop those are quite bassy, but the bass is not controlled and lacks sub-bass depth.
I'm bad at explaining sound, hope it makes sense.
If you are interested in bass, sub-bass and don't care about mids then check out Tripowin TC01.

Jun 16, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #28,372 of 31,809
SSP are warm, power hungry. For Moondrop those are quite bassy, but the bass is not controlled and lacks sub-bass depth.
I'm bad at explaining sound, hope it makes sense.
If you are interested in bass, sub-bass and don't care about mids then check out Tripowin TC01.
Thank's Min2 I've perfectly understud what you mean :wink:

I'll get a look ti the Tripowin TC01 👍

If It could have a sense, speaking about headphone I find neutral the AKG AK371 (very deep sub-bass) and Alessandro MS1 (lovely open), the Audiotechnica M50x V shaped monitor good bass just a little fatiguing high, but when I wanna fun my choise are Philips Fidelio X2hr or Meze 99 Classic. 😉😁

Jun 16, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #28,373 of 31,809
If It could have a sense, speaking about headphone I find neutral the AKG AK371 (very deep sub-bass) and Alessandro MS1 (lovely open), the Audiotechnica M50x V shaped monitor good bass just a little fatiguing high, but when I wanna fun my choise are Philips Fidelio X2hr or Meze 99 Classic. 😉😁
Well, tc01's upper mids are too hot for me to actually listen to any vocal music. Soundstage is good though, highs are airy and bass goes deep.
Tonally I prefer SSP over tc01. SSP are not fatiguing and great if you need music as a background rather than a thoughtful listening.
If k371's bass is enough for you, maybe SSP's would be too. But SSP is less neutral, than k361/371, bass is muddier, highs are toned down and soundstage is narrower.

Jun 16, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #28,374 of 31,809
Well, tc01's upper mids are too hot for me to actually listen to any vocal music. Soundstage is good though, highs are airy and bass goes deep.
Tonally I prefer SSP over tc01. SSP are not fatiguing and great if you need music as a background rather than a thoughtful listening.
If k371's bass is enough for you, maybe SSP's would be too. But SSP is less neutral, than k361/371, bass is muddier, highs are toned down and soundstage is narrower.
I've understud....I've to try the SSP! 😉👍

Jun 16, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #28,375 of 31,809
Thank's NymPhonomaniacs.

All natural sounding earphone!

I was interest in the KB Ear KS2, Bqeyz Kc2 and E1000/2000...but was afraid they lacks in bass frequency and are a little to open in high, but this could not be a great problem if them shows good quality overall tone.

I like deep solid bass but....

Am I asking to much in this price range?😁
KC2 have quite hefty Thumpy bass punch, but not an extended bass response so it's thick fast slam.
KS2 is kinda warm mess to my ears with an uneven timbre.

Its just about how much your sensible to upper mids, cause some complaint about KC2 being perhaps to vocal fowards but i dont find them sibilant. Im confident you will love those, they are a no brainer at 30$ imo

I will go TANYA before SSP any day, sound more open and bass is better separated...bass of Tanya is sub boosted quite a bit. Hum, but like SSP they scale up with amping...in fact TANYA can handle LOTTA power!

Jun 16, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #28,376 of 31,809
@Lobarkaine I'd agree with KB100 being an inoffensive IEM. It's very transparent and will reflect what you listen and they don't require amping. You can also try Tin T2+. And, Tanya seems to be a good one as well considering it is getting lots of love from the community.

For dongles, I'd say go for the one which you find most comfortable because most of them are using more or less the same DAC with neutral-ish tuning. Whatever fits your budget and comfort factor would be great. But, yes @OspreyAndy 's thread is like a journal in itself so that's a great starting point.

Jun 16, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #28,377 of 31,809
@Lobarkaine I'd agree with KB100 being an inoffensive IEM. It's very transparent and will reflect what you listen and they don't require amping. You can also try Tin T2+. And, Tanya seems to be a good one as well considering it is getting lots of love from the community.

For dongles, I'd say go for the one which you find most comfortable because most of them are using more or less the same DAC with neutral-ish tuning. Whatever fits your budget and comfort factor would be great. But, yes @OspreyAndy 's thread is like a journal in itself so that's a great starting point.

Jun 16, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #28,378 of 31,809
It Is really a pleasure read all your replay, full of passion and competence.

I'm just a little sensibile to the high mids and high treble, for me it's important don't find to much enfasis in the upper regione, but I like clarity and details.
A little roll of in the upper regione help me to long relaxing listening and a moderate enfasis in the mid bass to warm up mids and vocals.
Harmanish warm curve for easy listening.

So...I need a dongle. :wink:
All you have suggested Tania and I'll go for them.
Others choice It00 and KC2.

Thank's a lot to all!

I always learn a lot in this forum. 👍😁

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2021 at 10:54 PM Post #28,379 of 31,809
Anyone started to pull together their Ali Summer sale wish list yet?
I'm starting to think that I'm turning into an addict!

Currently only have DD and BA iems, so perhaps time for me to try some other techs.
Maybe, BQEYZ Summer for $116 (or spring 2 $135)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002351172998.html
or possibly the planar Tri i3 before it disappears for $140 (i3 pro version is apparently on the way)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001294023770.html

That being said, I am a sucker for a single DD:
Reecho SG03 ($55) has got good reviews
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002394579812.html
Whizzer Kylin HE01 also had good reviews ($65 - think it might be a banned store this is from, so no link)
Or the HZSound Heart Mirror ($42)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002774457370.html
Not spotted any deals on Moondrop Aria

oh, and the Tri Starsea ($107) seems to get a bit of attention
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001524289463.html

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #28,380 of 31,809
Anyone started to pull together their Ali Summer sale wish list yet?
I'm starting to think that I'm turning into an addict!

Currently only have DD and BA iems, so perhaps time for me to try some other techs.
Maybe, BQEYZ Summer for $116 (or spring 2 $135)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002351172998.html
or possibly the planar Tri i3 before it disappears for $140 (i3 pro version is apparently on the way)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001294023770.html

That being said, I am a sucker for a single DD:
Reecho SG03 ($55) has got good reviews
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002394579812.html
Whizzer Kylin HE01 also had good reviews ($65 - think it might be a banned store this is from, so no link)
Or the HZSound Heart Mirror ($42)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002774457370.html
Not spotted any deals on Moondrop Aria

oh, and the Tri Starsea ($107) seems to get a bit of attention
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001524289463.html
Biggest deal I've noticed is TRN BT20s Pro for almost $37 on SA Audio Store and TRN Global Store.

Moondrop Aria has absolutely no discount except AliExpress store wide coupon. That's a bummer but I've seldom seen Moondrop IEMs have a bumper discount.

The banned store has decent deals on many IEMs but since talking about them is restricted. Folks are free to check their AliExpress page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back