CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 9, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #28,351 of 31,831
yeah...whats up with that i just notice....their really 2 version?? with very different tuning??

Not a fan of confusing models change like that tbh
There was a completely different IEM by Moondrop also called Aria, which was discontinued a couple years ago (it looked like the Crescent).

Safe to assume that 'Moondrop Aria' refers to the current model as I don't think many people have the older one.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #28,352 of 31,831
There was a completely different IEM by Moondrop also called Aria, which was discontinued a couple years ago (it looked like the Crescent).

Safe to assume that 'Moondrop Aria' refers to the current model as I don't think many people have the older one.
Darn. Talk about being confusing. Hopefully when buying people will get the right one.

Jun 9, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #28,353 of 31,831
Darn. Talk about being confusing. Hopefully when buying people will get the right one.
You really don't need to worry. The original Aria hasn't been available for years. If you're buying a Moondrop Aria in 2021 then you're getting the new one - and you will not be disappointed with the sound and the whole package.

Jun 9, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #28,354 of 31,831
It sure is my sub-100$ IEM G-spot too lol
I mean...it dont even belong in this price range, too technically mind-blowing for that!

It seem HZ just begin to be notice by other audio groups....so now the concern is: will it go up in price or be out of stock?

I will try to give more chance to BL05S...did burn in change anything???
It is possible burn-in impacted its sound. I also have a very nice NiceHCK 16 Core cable on it, but the biggest impact was using some Sony hybrid tips, as the included weren't large enough to get a seal.

I can see from graphs that the 05S and Heart Mirror graph very closely in mid-though-treble. Still haven't pulled the trigger. Have to finish some work and will reward myself with an iem.

On the other hand the Blon BL-A8 Prometheus is just a round the corner.. hmm.

Jun 9, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #28,357 of 31,831

Aaaaah...thats LESS confusing then. Not same housing at all...was afraid that they retune same model.

Thus the V2, i understand TX.

Very eager to try them...surely very soon!

Jun 9, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #28,358 of 31,831
It is possible burn-in impacted its sound. I also have a very nice NiceHCK 16 Core cable on it, but the biggest impact was using some Sony hybrid tips, as the included weren't large enough to get a seal.

I can see from graphs that the 05S and Heart Mirror graph very closely in mid-though-treble. Still haven't pulled the trigger. Have to finish some work and will reward myself with an iem.

On the other hand the Blon BL-A8 Prometheus is just a round the corner.. hmm.

Yes these super-sci-FI-exotic-looking-BL-A8-Prometheus, im suppose to be among the first to receive a pair. In fact, whole ''NBBA ChiFi Seekers'' team should receive a pair...I will share impressions on this thread as well as soon as in my ears.

My instinct tell me it cant even touch the HZ....but thats perhaps due to BL Mini being underwhelming...

Jun 9, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #28,359 of 31,831
Jun 16, 2021 at 5:10 AM Post #28,360 of 31,831
Hi all.

I'm digging in the forum and in this enormous tread :wink: , there are too much stuff and many outdated, I'm looking for a good on the go iem in the e.50 price range with good solid bass and detailed not fatiguing mids/trebles.
A fun relaxing well sounding iem...(all dream about this?? :))
I'm treble sensitive....

I ear every kind of music, from classical/lyrical to punk rock, from blues to EDM/Trance.

To explain my taste about the stuff I've:
Rock Zircon/Liam & Daan Swan nice fun warm sound, not well definend.

Blon bl03 better but I prefear more solid bass and just a little more refined warm mids/high.

Sennheiser Momentum very fun (the best of the bounce) but a little boomy, more refined details and could be perfect.

TRN V90 on the way........

In my radar by price:
NiceHCK DB3
CCA C10
TANCHJIM Cora Macaron
FINAL E3000
IBasso IT00

Any experience or suggestions?

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2021 at 5:41 AM Post #28,361 of 31,831
Hi all.

I'm digging in the forum and in this enormous tread :wink: , there are too much stuff and many outdated, I'm looking for a good on the go iem in the e.50 price range with good solid bass and detailed not fatiguing mids/trebles.
A fun relaxing well sounding iem...(all dream about this?? :))
I'm treble sensitive....

I ear every kind of music, from classical/lyrical to punk rock, from blues to EDM/Trance.

To explain my taste about the stuff I've:
Rock Zircon/Liam & Daan Swan nice fun warm sound, not well definend.

Blon bl03 better but I prefear more solid bass and just a little more refined warm mids/high.

Sennheiser Momentum very fun (the best of the bounce) but a little boomy, more refined details and could be perfect.

TRN V90 on the way........

In my radar by price:
NiceHCK DB3
CCA C10
TANCHJIM Cora Macaron
FINAL E3000
IBasso IT00

Any experience or suggestions?

What source are you using?

These are my suggestions for treble sensitive folk who like warm sound signature:

Final E3000 - it is L shaped, big midbass and rolled off highs, in fact treble is dark. It needs amping. It has a crap noodle thin microphonic non detachable cable though, and the isolation is subpar, so I don't recommend it for outdoor use. It has great layering and imaging and soundstage. Midbass is slow and nebulous though, but this set is for treble sensitive folk for sure.

Tanchjim Tanya - harmanish set, excellent timbre and tonality. Also needs amping, but not as power hungry as Final E3000. It has a non detachable cable, but the cable is not as microphonic/thin and has a strain relief unlike Final E3000. It has better timbre than Final E3000, I find this set very smooth and analoguish. Final E3000 when amped beats the Tanya in technicalities though.

iBasso IT00 - U shaped set, big subbass, rolled off higher treble. Above average technical performance, but has driver flex, which can be a dealbreaker for some. Doesn't require amping, when compared with the 2 sets above. And also has better isolation and has detachable cable, unlike the other 2 above.

Jun 16, 2021 at 6:08 AM Post #28,362 of 31,831
What source are you using?

These are my suggestions for treble sensitive folk who like warm sound signature:

Final E3000 - it is L shaped, big midbass and rolled off highs, in fact treble is dark. It needs amping. It has a crap noodle thin microphonic non detachable cable though, and the isolation is subpar, so I don't recommend it for outdoor use. It has great layering and imaging and soundstage. Midbass is slow and nebulous though, but this set is for treble sensitive folk for sure.

Tanchjim Tanya - harmanish set, excellent timbre and tonality. Also needs amping, but not as power hungry as Final E3000. It has a non detachable cable, but the cable is not as microphonic/thin and has a strain relief unlike Final E3000. It has better timbre than Final E3000, I find this set very smooth and analoguish. Final E3000 when amped beats the Tanya in technicalities though.

iBasso IT00 - U shaped set, big subbass, rolled off higher treble. Above average technical performance, but has driver flex, which can be a dealbreaker for some. Doesn't require amping, when compared with the 2 sets above. And also has better isolation and has detachable cable, unlike the other 2 above.
Thank's baskingshark very nice replay!! 👍

On the way I use my Xiaomi Mi9 light with Extreme music app (internal dac enahancer) and an equaliser/bass/volume enhancer at once, if needed eSync portable ampli 16-300 ohm, It works well with headphone but has an annoing blow with earphone, probably a problem with too low impedance.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2021 at 7:18 AM Post #28,363 of 31,831
Thank's baskingshark very nice replay!! 👍

On the way I use my Xiaomi Mi9 light with Extreme music app (internal dac enahancer) and an equaliser/bass/volume enhancer at once, if needed eSync portable ampli 16-300 ohm, It works well with headphone but has an annoing blow with earphone, probably a problem with too low impedance.

If u are getting hiss with your amp, it may be due to the IEM having too high sensitivity (not so much the impedance).

U can get an impedance adapter or inline volume controller and this can fix the hiss, or just get a better amp/dongle. $30 USD or so can get you quite good dongles nowadays. Of the options above, I think the Final E3000 has lowish sensitivity at 100 dB/mW, so maybe it will not hiss that badly compared to the others.

Jun 16, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #28,364 of 31,831
Thank's again! 😁

Which dongle you suggest from your experience in that price range?

Screenshot_2021-06-16-13-59-38-243_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg

I've find this looks nice.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2021 at 7:44 AM Post #28,365 of 31,831
Thank's again! 😁

Which dongle you suggest from your experience in that price range?

Try the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro. I bought 2 sets, I got them at $27 USD during Aliexpress sales (I think there's one big sale next week).

It has a neutralish sound signature, very low output impedance and good technicalities. Volume controller, no hiss, no heating up. By default it will automatically adjust the output power depending on the impedance of the connected IEM, but most of us who use it upgraded the firmware to a BHD firmware (this doubles the output) or we connect a 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm adapter to trick the Sonata HD Pro to output at the maximum 2V. It can drive most IEMs, maybe except planars and very low sensitivity stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back