CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 4, 2021 at 8:20 PM Post #28,306 of 31,831
Okay will definitely check out some video reviews money is tight but I still want to get the best iem, honestly just want to forget about things with music. Right now I've been looking at going a bit over budget with starseas, arias or maybe fh3. But I'll check out the e3000 and at 49 AUD I was thinking I could get 2 iems would fit in my budget. Instead of one more expensive one. They do look great for comfort the e3000. Will do some research today thanks for the help I appreciate it.

Jun 4, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #28,308 of 31,831
Okay will definitely check out some video reviews money is tight but I still want to get the best iem, honestly just want to forget about things with music. Right now I've been looking at going a bit over budget with starseas, arias or maybe fh3. But I'll check out the e3000 and at 49 AUD I was thinking I could get 2 iems would fit in my budget. Instead of one more expensive one. They do look great for comfort the e3000. Will do some research today thanks for the help I appreciate it.

I also have the FH3. It is a very lively, engaging IEM. I wouldn't call it relaxing, since it kind of begs for your attention. Not exactly "analytical," but still not at all in anyway laid back.

Jun 5, 2021 at 2:29 AM Post #28,309 of 31,831
Yeah I'm going to take my time to research what I should get, for sure might as well get the best value in my budget even if I have to stretch it a bit. I saw some reviews of fh3 and Tri starsea and moondrop aria they look pretty interesting. Both punching above their price range it seems. Want to make the right choice because would rather spend more money and get it right first time. Thanks for the help definitely checking all my options out.

Jun 5, 2021 at 5:05 AM Post #28,310 of 31,831
Hey Guys! I have a budget of about $100, and I wonder what you guys opinion on what I should purchase. I've looked at the Aria which is highly recommended. But am wondering what else could be good, I want an iem with good comfort and fit a wide soundstage and good for hip hop and occasionally vocal oriented music. I've fallen over tough times as of late and figured listening to music would cheer me up. Thanks in advance 👍

Tried the Moondrop Starfield/Aria, Final Audio A4000, Fiio FH3, Tin T2, KZ ZAX/ZS10PRO and found all of them lacking in terms of soundstage. I know it's out of budget but if you ever decide to upgrade in the future check out the Fiio FD5, it's the first IEM I tried that soundstages like a headphone. I thank this reviewer for turning me on to them and now I'm hooked and wondering what's my next upgrade path for an IEM that can soundstage better than this.

Jun 5, 2021 at 6:20 AM Post #28,311 of 31,831
Tried the Moondrop Starfield/Aria, Final Audio A4000, Fiio FH3, Tin T2, KZ ZAX/ZS10PRO and found all of them lacking in terms of soundstage. I know it's out of budget but if you ever decide to upgrade in the future check out the Fiio FD5, it's the first IEM I tried that soundstages like a headphone. I thank this reviewer for turning me on to them and now I'm hooked and wondering what's my next upgrade path for an IEM that can soundstage better than this.

If u like soundstage, maybe u can read about earbuds. They are superior to IEMs in terms of soundstage, IEMs sound kind of in your head, and earbuds are closer to open backed headphones. Though this is a double edged sword as most earbuds are weak in isolation and hence subbass, when compared to IEMs.

Earbuds are another rabbithole though, but they tend to be relatively cheaper than IEMs. You can ask the folks more in the earbud thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/

As for IEMs with good soundstage, I've not tried the FD5, but the TRI I3 has superb 3d Soundstage approaching some earbuds. It is a weird 1DD + 1 planar + 1 BA setup, but is quite coherently tuned, U shaped with above average technicalities. The planar component does require some amping, it sounds meh when underpowered. But when amped, the mids are really lush and soundstage is huge, something to consider if on sale.

Jun 5, 2021 at 6:55 AM Post #28,312 of 31,831
Hey Guys! I have a budget of about $100, and I wonder what you guys opinion on what I should purchase. I've looked at the Aria which is highly recommended. But am wondering what else could be good, I want an iem with good comfort and fit a wide soundstage and good for hip hop and occasionally vocal oriented music. I've fallen over tough times as of late and figured listening to music would cheer me up. Thanks in advance 👍
I think Tanchijm Tanya is a good option considering it is open back and follows Harman Target curve. You can also check BL03 and Tennmak Trio I personally use Trio for hip-hop.

Jun 5, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #28,313 of 31,831
If you want soundstage, Tanchijm Tanya might not be the best one in terms of size but the fact that its an open back, it have airiness or decent space between instrument.
Other than that, you may wanna try old KZ ZS7 who also semi open back and old TRN Tequila who also semi open back with decent vocal.

Jun 5, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #28,314 of 31,831
Obviously, millions of RECs out there, it's all about the preference.

I'll recommend Fiio FH3 & Ibasso IT00. They fell into $100 and $50 category during sales. Both look aesthetic pleasing, great built, and that little bit of added warmth might just able to cheer u up! 💪

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2021 at 4:20 AM Post #28,315 of 31,831
I think Tanchijm Tanya is a good option considering it is open back and follows Harman Target curve. You can also check BL03 and Tennmak Trio I personally use Trio for hip-hop.
Is the Tanya actually open back though?

I am trying it at the moment and also thought it was open back but covering the vent (on the back) doesn't make any changes to the sound.

Jun 6, 2021 at 4:31 AM Post #28,317 of 31,831
Okay I think I'm set on the I'll have to save a bit longer for the LZ A7 and will also purchase the Tanchjim Tanya as a beater and to use in between and use that in-between getting A7, really excited for both of them honestly. It will take me a little bit to save for the A7 but i think this should be a great beginner setup!

Jun 6, 2021 at 7:12 AM Post #28,318 of 31,831
Is the Tanya actually open back though?

I am trying it at the moment and also thought it was open back but covering the vent (on the back) doesn't make any changes to the sound.
If it like KZ ZAX, its maybe a tight mesh.
Other than giving instrument a bit air there will be very minor change on sound when you covers the mesh.

That or the Tanya sound stage tuning is better than KZs i use to listen causing me to think its an open back. I'm not that well versed in audio so I'm not sure on what makes me like Tanya. Its a bit different with the usual (old) KZ. The positioning, layering, and the sense of depth in sound is beyond what i expect from a single 7mm DD sold for $25.

One review notes that Tanya have exceptional lush and naturals mids with timbre that may edged out Blon-Bl03. Truth to be told, I'm not sure on what that means.
But vocal IS good. if i have to describe, its full and complete sounding, So this is what lush and natural sounds like?

Seriously, if this thing came with detachable cable, this will be a must buy for me.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #28,319 of 31,831
I keep seeing the KBEAR KS1 being praise on social media...but im post trauma about how i dislike the KS2....but again, its an hybrid and KS1 is single DD so....

Ar they that good???
or is it similar warm safe tuning as Ibasso IT00 or Final E3K??

Jun 6, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #28,320 of 31,831
--KBEAR NEON INSERTION FIT SOUND COMPARISONS--
You know, i was EXTREMELY reluctant to try deep insertion, thinking to be closed minded and don't even try it...but i'm glad i di otherwise i would have never known how good the NEON can sound. Another observation, is that these benefit good amping, which is surprise to say the least! I wanna thank Ben Powell for harassing me to try this, because he is utterly right. PS: Be cautious about how deep you insert them...its really about finding seal deep in there...hard to explain, but it seem there a second solid part in ear canal and you know it when you go there...don't go further!(lol...man...im not an ORL).

192988899_494459411762613_5564735201401599399_n.jpg

SHALLOW With SILICONE Eartips (KZstarlines)(#2 fav):
Very big wide-tall holographic soundstage, vocal are open but not super transparent and bit recessed/ layers floats in spacial cue and imaging is precise but not crisp and analytical/ treble is dryer-shoutier/ overall sound is notably less clean and organic than Deep Fit

SHALLOW With FOAM Eartips (#3):
Clear but a bit dry and distant sound/ imaging doesnt have lot of spacing, neither lot of air, its more like a wall paper in front of you than a room where you can ''look'' everywhere/ not very open or big soundstage/ definition lack edge/ bass lack body and weight, as well as good separation/ micro details are lean/ vocal-mids are well centered but neither very open or transparent

DEEP INSERTION With Final E tips (#1 fav):
Cleaner way cleaner sound/ we finally can see silence betwenn instrument/ Imaging is extremely holographic with airy layering and precise spacial cue/ bass is more punchy-thigh decay, round, controlled/ clarity is out of this world and very open/ soundstage is notably wider ,taller, deeper/ treble deliver higher level of details yet is delicate/ highs doesnt seem rolled of and have more sparkle-decay/ vocal are wide, fowards, transparent.
Simply put, this is the ONLY way to get full Ety'ish sound experience which is without a doubt at next level in term of resolution, attack snap-speed, imaging, clarity, vivid snappy dynamic, organic transparent timbre

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back