CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 25, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #27,197 of 31,809
ordered from open-heart official store on Feb 7. accepted by airline this morning. so there is stock about.
Looks like they recently ran out of stock because I don't see it on their official store page.

Feb 25, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #27,200 of 31,809
Is nicehck dt100 still good assuming it's even possible to get one?

I still listen to my DT100 ($88) every so often, but for my ears (fit & sound), I actually prefer my KB Ear F1 (22-Ω, 105dB/mW, 20Hz-20KHz, Plastic housing, 1x Balanced Armature, MMCX cable), which was only $34.

Feb 26, 2021 at 9:36 PM Post #27,201 of 31,809
So I'm in the middle of taking photos of a lot of the old stuff I have in a big box that don't ever get used in my rotation (which is a lot sadly) so I can put them up on eBay. I decided to sell all my entry KZs from years ago as a one-off bundle. So Zs5, ZSN, ATE, ATR, ED16, ZS3, ZS1, ED9 and ED10. Basically, most of these are KZ before they went treble happy lol. Someone might get some fun out of them and not bothered about making too much.

So anyway, I'm checking thru them with my FIIO M6 to make sure they all work and one after another I thought wow they still sound good, but still, they won't be getting used so found them each a case and some new tips. So I get to the ED16, something I always thought was just okay but nothing special. I thought I heard some channel imbalance so out of curiosity tried them with my desktop setup - SMSL Sanksrit 10th II and a Music Fidelity AMP... what the hell? These are not as I remembered them, they are awesome. I guess they needed some power or just the right setup to sync with.

The soundstage is still as narrow as I remember, totally in your head, but the detail they still manage to pull out is superb. They compensate for that lack of width with some great depth, especially back to front. Totally neutral in the best of ways. Everything from airy natural vocals, nice snappy treble, bass that fills your head and best of all really good separation. I'm not saying they are as good as the Heart Mirror for detail, but for a cheap KZ that popped up and disappeared just as quick, they're not that far from it. They remind me of the Beyerdynamic DT250 headphones... equally as narrow but still manage to fill your head with everything you need to hear and totally musical. Suffice to say they are not getting sold... NEITHER ARE THE ATR :) lol

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2021 at 12:17 AM Post #27,204 of 31,809
I tend to like TRN VX over KZ ZAX these days, knowing TRN is not as famous as KZ though,.
Trn VX is less fatiguing then KZ DQ6 for me. Kz upper midrange is bad..

Feb 27, 2021 at 12:56 AM Post #27,205 of 31,809
Trn VX is less fatiguing then KZ DQ6 for me. Kz upper midrange is bad..
I would not categorize DQ6 as smooth listening ones, I use it for like Nirvana, the old alternative recordings, DQ6 produces some nostalgic feeling for those, but for general listening TRN VX does it better, it’s also not on a smooth side neither but a energetic all rounder to my feeling.
I feel TRN VX has some resemblance to Sennheiser’s HD25 for some reasons.

Feb 27, 2021 at 1:02 AM Post #27,206 of 31,809
Hi guys, I'm looking to get the tripowin tc01 I've heard really good things about it. Does anyone recommend it?
Since Tripowin/CCA are KZ family to my knowledge, and TRN sounds like an ex-KZ engineer spinoffs;
KZ ZAX vs CCA CKX vs Tripowin TC01 vs TRN VX(my current fav) anyone?
Interested in CKX and TC01.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2021 at 3:07 AM Post #27,207 of 31,809
Looks like the Openheart Resins are back in stock 🤔

Feb 28, 2021 at 5:08 AM Post #27,208 of 31,809
Anyone compared the resin with bl 03, kz dq6, tripowin tc-01 and *hzsound heart mirror? (Edit: typo)

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2021 at 5:35 AM Post #27,209 of 31,809
Anyone compared the resin with bl 03, kz dq6, tripowin tc-01 and open heart mirror?
The Openheart Resin does not have the warmth, timbre and magic of the Blon 03. If you mean the HZSOUND Heart Mirror, then the Heart Mirror is in a league above the Openheart Resin.

Feb 28, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #27,210 of 31,809
The Openheart Resin does not have the warmth, timbre and magic of the Blon 03. If you mean the HZSOUND Heart Mirror, then the Heart Mirror is in a league above the Openheart Resin.
Agree with hear mirror, I found heart mirror is close to Moondrop Starfield, or maybe CNT DD units are actually from same OEM/ODM, and heart mirror might just be the product from that OEM/ODM so they could lower the R&D cost to have a great single DD around $50 bracket

Users who are viewing this thread

Back