CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 24, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #26,491 of 31,831
I see there is still a lot of Blon love out here! I always appreciated @NymPHONOmaniac for starting this thread for the budget minded listeners as I have friends that the Benjamin is their personal limit period :smirk: Wish I had their restraint but the disease runs deep in me:scream: Just wanted to post all these pages later on some of my faves in his original list and one that for sure should be added to the $75-$100 but I also understand the fit issue for most:rolling_eyes:

For an awesome dirt cheap iem the KZ ED9 and DT5 are to this day simply amazing for the money.
Stepping up just a little I think the VJJB K4S is crazy good and looks as sweet as they sound.
If you have $50 to spend you probably can't even find a Havi B3 P1 anymore and they require a little juice to get their potential but to this day they are the best $50 (OK $49) I've spent on an iem but alas one you can get is the NICE M6 plus a pair of BGVP filters which IMHO can slay some $100 to $300 offerings out here:wink:
Now for my personal Sub $100 offering lets go back to that first brand I started with up there:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Chi-Fi Doodle Doo.JPG

Nov 24, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #26,492 of 31,831
I see there is still a lot of Blon love out here! I always appreciated @NymPHONOmaniac for starting this thread for the budget minded listeners as I have friends that the Benjamin is their personal limit period :smirk: Wish I had their restraint but the disease runs deep in me:scream: Just wanted to post all these pages later on some of my faves in his original list and one that for sure should be added to the $75-$100 but I also understand the fit issue for most:rolling_eyes:

For an awesome dirt cheap iem the KZ ED9 and DT5 are to this day simply amazing for the money.
Stepping up just a little I think the VJJB K4S is crazy good and looks as sweet as they sound.
If you have $50 to spend you probably can't even find a Havi B3 P1 anymore and they require a little juice to get their potential but to this day they are the best $50 (OK $49) I've spent on an iem but alas one you can get is the NICE M6 plus a pair of BGVP filters which IMHO can slay some $100 to $300 offerings out here:wink:
Now for my personal Sub $100 offering lets go back to that first brand I started with up there:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

BA10 forever!
The brick does the trick! :)

Nov 24, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #26,493 of 31,831

I forgot how nice those little wooden beauties were. Premium build, stunning good looks, great sound. A nice wooden dynamic for the price.

I wish they’d update them, and re-release them with removable cables. That would be great :)

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 11:37 PM Post #26,494 of 31,831
I forgot how nice those little wooden beauties were. Premium build, stunning good looks, great sound. A nice wooden dynamic for the price.

I wish they’d update them, and re-release them with removable cables. That would be great :)

Indeed but a fella with your skilz could put a sweet cable on them :wink: CMOY courtesy JDS Labs dual 9V

Wood CMOY.JPG
:grin:

Nov 25, 2020 at 4:35 AM Post #26,495 of 31,831

Still my favourite KZ! +1 for the BA10!

Nov 25, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #26,496 of 31,831
Ok, you convince me to try BL-01 and well, perrhaps the 05S too!

In 2020. I didnt try a tremendous amount of sub-100$ iem as im used too, but i can confirm those that stay at my side.

HISENIOR T2U is for me the best sub-100$ iem money can buy. Neutral, transparent, highly accurate sound with mature tuning.

BQEYZ KC2
is probably the most underatted chifi oldies gem right now, especially using KZ Starlines inversed eartips, it sound like a more bassy BQEYZ KB100, its very similar to FIIO FH3 which i love too. Smooth W shape with thumping bass, clean mids and snappy not so sparkly treble.

HZsound Mirror take me by surprise with its refined reference-like tuning. Crisp vivid sound with fast attack, bright but transparent and realist timbre, high clarity and lot of micro details. Its like a cheap Final A8000 with less bass weight.

FIIO FD1 have unique rich timbre, lush and textured that i rreally enjoy.

BGVP ZERO have among best vocal I ever heard under 500$.

Nov 25, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #26,499 of 31,831
Just put my order for the new BL-01's, hope it's a fun one. I'm currently on KZ ES4, which are alright, and before that I had KZ ZS5, which I loved, but lost on the bus one day. :slight_frown: I don't trust my pockets anymore.
That's a major upgrade you're doing... from KZ ES4 to BL-01... Yesterday I had a brief listen to my "old" sets of IEM's (in which there's KZ ES4) and I can tell you that you'll be more than happy with BL-01.

Nov 25, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #26,500 of 31,831
Just put my order for the new BL-01's, hope it's a fun one. I'm currently on KZ ES4, which are alright, and before that I had KZ ZS5, which I loved, but lost on the bus one day. :slight_frown: I don't trust my pockets anymore.

Curious why you did not order another ZS5, AliEx has them under $20 still. Now I do understand if you had a v1 as it may be very hard to track a v1 down anymore your getting a v1:thinking: You might even consider a ZS7 (may also be hard to track down and if found could be 3 times the price!) as for me I found it to be the end game version of the ZS5/6/7 shell and best overall SQ but that may just be my old ears:rolling_eyes: Now another one that would be a nice replacement for a 5 would be the X but thinking it may be too bass forward to you if the 5 was a fave. Just sticking my nose where it probably don't belong here any way:smirk::beerchug: Not too mention I have a soft spot for KZ and them being an awesome bang for your buck iem:wink:

KZ Me.JPG

Nov 25, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #26,501 of 31,831
That's a major upgrade you're doing... from KZ ES4 to BL-01... Yesterday I had a brief listen to my "old" sets of IEM's (in which there's KZ ES4) and I can tell you that you'll be more than happy with BL-01.
It's gonna gonna take like 20 days to get here, and you've just made me too excited. Can't wait!

Curious why you did not order another ZS5, AliEx has them under $20 still. Now I do understand if you had a v1 as it may be very hard to track a v1 down anymore your getting a v1:thinking: You might even consider a ZS7 (may also be hard to track down and if found could be 3 times the price!) as for me I found it to be the end game version of the ZS5/6/7 shell and best overall SQ but that may just be my old ears:rolling_eyes: Now another one that would be a nice replacement for a 5 would be the X but thinking it may be too bass forward to you if the 5 was a fave. Just sticking my nose where it probably don't belong here any way:smirk::beerchug: Not too mention I have a soft spot for KZ and them being an awesome bang for your buck iem:wink:

KZ Me.JPG
It's really because I ordered my ZS5 locally, and ES4's too because I only got those once I lost\broke my previous one, and I just didn't want to wait too long without any headphones at all. And they didn't have any ZS5, so I picked something I thought would be similar. This time I'm ordering while my headphones are still working and threads here piqued my interest, for price like that should be great.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #26,502 of 31,831
It's gonna gonna take like 20 days to get here, and you've just made me too excited. Can't wait!

It's really because I ordered my ZS5 locally, and ES4's too because I only got those once I lost\broke my previous one, and I just didn't want to wait too long without any headphones at all. And they didn't have any ZS5, so I picked something I thought would be similar. This time I'm ordering while my headphones are still working and threads here piqued my interest, for price like that should be great.

Ah, excellent plan and it's always good to have one or two back up budget iem's because I can tell you after 10+ years dallying with portable failures can happen any time even with the best of them :smirk: What, did he just say that:scream: LOL (Of course some more than others and always YMMV):thumbsup: ANother not on Nymph's list but to this day one of the lightest, best fitting iem's I own and in balanced like here I find them to be an excellent traveler:wink:

KZS4 Balanced.JPG

Why yes I bought both colors so I could have a red right/black left:grin:

Nov 25, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #26,503 of 31,831
Ah, excellent plan and it's always good to have one or two back up budget iem's because I can tell you after 10+ years dallying with portable failures can happen any time even with the best of them :smirk: What, did he just say that:scream: LOL (Of course some more than others and always YMMV):thumbsup: ANother not on Nymph's list but to this day one of the lightest, best fitting iem's I own and in balanced like here I find them to be an excellent traveler:wink:

Why yes I bought both colors so I could have a red right/black left:grin:
What is it?

Nov 25, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #26,504 of 31,831

Users who are viewing this thread

Back