CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 24, 2020 at 4:28 AM Post #26,476 of 31,831
Nov 24, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #26,477 of 31,831
BLON BL-01 got more consumers hype in one week than BL-05 and BL-05s in months. (at least on NBBA)

Anybody try it yet?

I was too disgusted with first BL-05 so I dont give a F about the S....now i wanna BELIEF!

BL-01 FTW??

Nov 24, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #26,478 of 31,831
Nov 24, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #26,479 of 31,831
As far as I know, the only thing good that I've read about the Zircon are its tips.

The usual suspects (note: I've not tried these personally, but they are vouched for by the community):

Sony MH755/750 (beware of fakes)
KZ ED9
Smabat NCO
Tin T2 with straight cable

You might also be interested in the CCA CST, which recently launched. I have a pair on the way.

I'd suggest going straight to Blessing 2.

Oh dear that thing is $270.... didn't notice we're 3 times over budget.

The only permanent recs are probably shure 215.

Shure 215 is the gateway drug to audiophile world. Though it was too long ago and my memory of it is hazy.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #26,480 of 31,831
I'd suggest going straight to Blessing 2.

Oh dear that thing is $270.... didn't notice we're 3 times over budget.

The only permanent recs are probably shure 215.

Shure 215 is the gateway drug to audiophile world. Though it was too long ago and my memory of it is hazy.
Chifi iems have far exceeded the shure se215 in sound quality and value. It's a relic of the past so to speak.

Nov 24, 2020 at 11:47 AM Post #26,481 of 31,831
BLON BL-01 got more consumers hype in one week than BL-05 and BL-05s in months. (at least on NBBA)

Anybody try it yet?

I was too disgusted with first BL-05 so I dont give a F about the S....now i wanna BELIEF!

BL-01 FTW??
Go for it, it's a no brainer for what it costs. I'm listening to them right now, and I've had Blon 03 since it came out, and can definetely say that it remains the main characteristics of BL-03's sound signature but with a faster and tighter bass response. Upper midrange and treble feels a bit improved (in a positive more cohesive way) and i found the overall sound better and more balanced and mature than BL-03, but as with BL-03, you'll have to experiment and try with different sets of tips to get the most of them. Spinfit CP-100's and CP-145's along with inverted KZ starlines are the ones for me that sound best. As far as cable goes, I'm running them with a balanced Kbear Ryhme cable.

BL-01 is for sure an upgrade to BL-03 (especially in quality of the bass) . They have retained the warm liquid sound signature, but without the muddy slow bass) . As it's even cheaper than BL-03 , it's a WIN and I expect it's gonna sell better than BL-03 and will probably become the new king of budget chi-fi audio.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #26,482 of 31,831
Let's share what we've got during the past sales!

I ended up getting

Fiil T1 Pro
Cyberfox T1
Soundpeats Truewings
Sen*** MT300
Trn BT20s Pro
KZ Edx
& AK $49 lucky bag

I think these should be able to fend off my curiosities for awhile lol. Funny I was convinced to only get first two sets of TWS heading into the APP. Oh well, at least I have more reasons to stay put for a bit. I'll also keep taps on Fiio Fh3, Tri I3, and Kbear Believe. Probably will pick one of them up when I come back for more in 2021. That's it for me, I'm pretty content, and Happy Black Friday folks!!!

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #26,483 of 31,831
Go for it, it's a no brainer for what it costs. I'm listening to them right now, and I've had Blon 03 since it came out, and can definetely say that it remains the main characteristics of BL-03's sound signature but with a faster and tighter bass response. Upper midrange and treble feels a bit improved (in a positive more cohesive way) and i found the overall sound better and more balanced and mature than BL-03, but as with BL-03, you'll have to experiment and try with different sets of tips to get the most of them. Spinfit CP-100's and CP-145's along with inverted KZ starlines are the ones for me that sound best. As far as cable goes, I'm running them with a balanced Kbear Ryhme cable.

BL-01 is for sure an upgrade to BL-03 (especially in quality of the bass) . They have retained the warm liquid sound signature, but without the muddy slow bass) . As it's even cheaper than BL-03 , it's a WIN and I expect it's gonna sell better than BL-03 and will probably become the new king of budget chi-fi audio.

How's build quality for 01 compared to the 03 and is a new cable needed?

Nov 24, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #26,485 of 31,831
BTW if someone finds BL-01 too polite in the treble area or still a bit muddy or dark, the good news is that it takes EQ pretty well without distorion or sounding weird. I've been playing with EQ and you can make it more neutral sounding and detail revealing by toning down bass and midbass frequencies , and increasing slightly treble frequencies.

After playing with EQ trying to achieve a more revealing & detailed neutral sound signature, it reminds me of HZSound Heart mirror (which I also own) but with better soundstage.

I'm amazed by what you get for 16$ - 18$ with BL-01 especially if you take your time changing cable, tips , and EQ'ing (EQ only in case you want a more revealing & detailed sound signature)

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #26,487 of 31,831
Which tips do people use? Any you can recommend yourself too?
Depending on what you'd want to achieve (increase or reduce bass, increase or reduce treble) people use certain tips. Tips can change sound signature slightly. For BL-01 I'd reccomend Spinfits CP-145 , and if you'd like a cheaper alternative or you don't know which size fits your ears best, you could try with this generic ones that come in 3 different sizes and are really cheap. https://es.aliexpress.com/item/4000117514720.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.79ff63c0YKeYOO . These are the ones I'm using right now with BL-01 (for me, it's size L)

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #26,488 of 31,831

Anybody try it yet?

BL-01 FTW??

Not tried the new BL-01, the old one was awesome. You should try the BL05S. I too hated the 05 (well, disliked it) but the S is much better balanced and has lovely timbre.

Nov 24, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #26,489 of 31,831
Not tried the new BL-01, the old one was awesome. You should try the BL05S. I too hated the 05 (well, disliked it) but the S is much better balanced and has lovely timbre.
Yes the BL-05s is my favourite Oppoty. I agree, it is much better balanced than the '03, fits properly and I love the colour!

Nov 24, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #26,490 of 31,831

This is the truth of the BL-01. They have lovely sound, they're $20 and who cares about the rest... well the rest for me is: IME the shells stupidly large and are not comfortable at all with any combination of tips which means they're not going to see much use for me unfortunately.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back