CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 17, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #26,461 of 31,809
So... Finally got my Tin P1s on the way. I know they need a bit of juice but how much juice? I've got plenty of kit at home but I'd quite like something portable too. Is my ES100 going to be enough? Or would a Fiio NX3 be enough? Or what? Basically if the ES100 isn't enough, what's a good portable amp for the P1? Battery power would be ideal as Android can be a bit picky about recognising my GeekOut 450. I don't need a DAC in there as I have a V40 phone. Cheap as possible, and as close as possible to a straight line with gain and TonyMac is a happy boy.

Nov 17, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #26,462 of 31,809
So... Finally got my Tin P1s on the way. I know they need a bit of juice but how much juice? I've got plenty of kit at home but I'd quite like something portable too. Is my ES100 going to be enough? Or would a Fiio NX3 be enough? Or what? Basically if the ES100 isn't enough, what's a good portable amp for the P1? Battery power would be ideal as Android can be a bit picky about recognising my GeekOut 450. I don't need a DAC in there as I have a V40 phone. Cheap as possible, and as close as possible to a straight line with gain and TonyMac is a happy boy.
Probably something like the E1DA 9038S Gen 3 or the XDuoo XD05 Basic Should be able to drive it (the XD05 basic is definitely able to do it with 500mw output power)

Nov 17, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #26,463 of 31,809
I've read many enthusiastic about pairing the Tin P1 with the E1DA PowerDac which is cheap but I don't think it's the best in portability.

Nov 17, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #26,464 of 31,809
I've read many enthusiastic about pairing the Tin P1 with the E1DA PowerDac which is cheap but I don't think it's the best in portability.

Yeah, I've got a GeekOut 450 which has a decent amount of juice but a tendency to decide not to draw power from the phone, I can't see the E1DA being any different (better obviously, but similarly limited for this one circumstance...)

Nov 17, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #26,465 of 31,809
Not a new set, but I got the Pioneer SECH-5T for £12 only cos box was proper bashed. Quite impressed by extension on both ends. My only gripe is vocals can be a bit sucked back at times which is a shame as they have lovely phrasing. Great fitting.

Also got the x-mini xtlas+ triple driver having loved there £10 BA+DD. The £26 TD has superb bass. Overall it sounds like Blo3 but less congested. Tho that's only off top of my head, will need to actually AB properly.

Nov 17, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #26,466 of 31,809

The original XD-05 drives them perfectly in low gain. Applying bass boost is strongly recommended, but no more EQ is needed IMHO in order to make them shine. A Fiio E12, of course, is more than enough, but, as others members have said, P1 is not optimal for portability, unless you connect it to a powerful source. With my LG Q8 they sound lifeless, also because the phone does not recognize the P1 as a high resistance headphone.

Nov 19, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #26,467 of 31,809
The original XD-05 drives them perfectly in low gain. Applying bass boost is strongly recommended, but no more EQ is needed IMHO in order to make them shine. A Fiio E12, of course, is more than enough, but, as others members have said, P1 is not optimal for portability, unless you connect it to a powerful source. With my LG Q8 they sound lifeless, also because the phone does not recognize the P1 as a high resistance headphone.

Yeah the Fiio E12 is a LOT more than I want to spend. I could run to the XD-05 or the iFi Hip Dac if I needed to, but I don't really see the point in getting a dac when the one on my phone is adequate. I've got plenty of gear kicking around hear for home use so it's no biggie if they won't work.

Nov 22, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #26,469 of 31,809
Lol! Great idea! I hope they do make a yellow banana BL01!:thumbsup:

6DE13F84-1E1D-4692-9E4B-EB23093332FA.jpeg

Nov 22, 2020 at 11:09 PM Post #26,470 of 31,809

Users who are viewing this thread

Back