CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 6, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #11,766 of 31,831
Just came across this -
TRN V80 2BA+2DD Hybrid

http://s.aliexpress.com/e6Fn2qeq

finally, I thought they skipped this design to avoid ripping off Dunu, lol, since they last called this the V30.

TRN has been 1 out of 3, so I'd wait for reviews too, or even the possible revision if they screw up the first batch. Or you could buy from a TRN-approved dealer, I guess, if you want the possibility of another replacement like the V60.

lol, I've just noticed the disclaimer below the FR graph.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #11,767 of 31,831
they are warm but clean at the same time, the drivers are fast but they have bump in the upper bass/lower mids area, that with the gentle treble and upper mids makes them lush and creamy sounding, true joy with vocals and real instruments, the tone is dense, quick and clean , very rare ting
also they have big soundstage and black background, the imaging is very good, they hold very high level of value at the 100$ price in this moment
it is no surprise that all of the owners gave them perfect 5 stars rating
Oh... dammit... please... stop it! I need money for other things -.-

Jul 6, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #11,768 of 31,831
Jul 6, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #11,769 of 31,831
Nice! I have been listening to these over the last week or two and still in love with them. I wouldn't call the bass basshead level - it is very deep and very high quality, but not loud (which for me is win win all the way). And yes, no bleeding into mids at all (because focus more on sub-bass than mid-bass). Highs are very detailed but no sign of harshness at all. So sound-wise these, they easily enter my Top 3 IEMs, the only downside is ergonomics (and design... kind of ugly isn't it). Ergonomics are not terrible, when using M eartips from Rock Zircon I get above average seal and no discomfort, but they are not the best in this respect, that's all I am saying.

I find that they're more comfortable and less awkward when wearing the cable over the ear, but the ergonomics do make it difficult for sleeping and such.

Jul 6, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #11,770 of 31,831
Jul 6, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #11,771 of 31,831
after the TRN v60 disaster, I think I better wait for people impressions first

+200

They are supposedly tuned differently. There's a bunch of FR comparisons with various KZs and TRNs on facebook and judging by that, they should be less piercing than V10 or ZS6 and alike.

Hopefully they dont dip this one in a vat of glue lol

Jul 6, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #11,774 of 31,831
thanx:) and you are happy with? what IEM did you already own to compare? i have had in the past vsonics gr07 bass edition very good iem and the last: fidue a73
for the moment the best eartips which fit well for me is the spinfit

Yup, GR07 BE is nice :ok_hand:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back