CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 5, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #948 of 31,809
  I'm not much of an ear bud fanatic myself, but I'll never depart from my VE MONK and my TY HI-Z. They are branded in my collection as "forever keepers"!
wink.gif

try the agrx1 it has superseded the ve and ty for me

Aug 6, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #953 of 31,809

I agree. I have several Xiaomi products (including Piston 2 and Hybrid IEMs) from Gearbest and always original. 

How can you tell?

I have already written that I think that Gearbest (GB) is an official seller of Xiaomi products. 

From GB I have Xiaomi Miband 1S which works with official Xiaomi application (installed from Google Play). The same is with Xiaomi Camera I have bought at Gearbest. If these were fakes, they most likely would not work with official Xiaomi android applications. So I have never had any doubts that my Xiaomy Hybrids from GB are original.

Aug 6, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #954 of 31,809

I'm not much of an ear bud fanatic myself, but I'll never depart from my VE MONK and my TY HI-Z. They are branded in my collection as "forever keepers"!
wink.gif

try the agrx1 it has superseded the ve and ty for me

My RX-1 are on the way, I cant wait. Ordered from HCK who has great reputation on this forum and good prices for head-fi members.

Aug 6, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #955 of 31,809
Hi guys, so it seems I need some photos of Xiaomi Hybrids to compare my fake pair against for my dispute on Aliexpress. If any of you have any laying around I would really apreciate some photos of the jack, the rubber thing where the cables split, the mic and the housing.

If not that's fine to, but any help is apreciated.

I'm sure they are identical to look at and the only real difference is the drivers, but if there is a physical difference then that would help my case somewhat. It'snot like it's the largest sum to loose either, but it's going to bug me like hell if the dude gets away with it.

Aug 6, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #957 of 31,809
how many drivers do we have in each ear of Auglamour R8 ?
i'm about to order this : http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-Newest-Original-AUGLAMOUR-R8-In-Ear-Earphones-Ear-Hook-Metal-Earphones-Upgrade-HIFI-Headphones-DIY/32495451792.html
what about the quality ? i have already Shure SE846. will the Auglamour R8 be better as the SE846 ?
thanks

Aug 6, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #958 of 31,809
i'm about to order this : http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-Newest-Original-AUGLAMOUR-R8-In-Ear-Earphones-Ear-Hook-Metal-Earphones-Upgrade-HIFI-Headphones-DIY/32495451792.html
what about the quality ? i have already Shure SE846. will the Auglamour R8 be better as the SE846 ?
thanks

Considering the Shure is more than 30 times the price I seriously doubt it. Some of the Chinese IEMs are really good for the money, but they have their limits.

Aug 6, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #959 of 31,809
thanks

You might want to be careful with that link. Any discussion about that shop is banned in this forum. 

its almost a david vs goliath comparison tho. but they sure look sexy as hell. 

Aug 7, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #960 of 31,809
Is everyone a "basshead" nowadays? Sometimes it seems the only thing anyone talks about when talking about headphones is bass. After owning enough IEMs and judging their relative merits, I have to conclude that bass is easy. Even the cheapest junk from the dollar store has lots of bass, provided the fit/seal is good. But what I'm looking for, what sets great earphones apart, is great treble performance. A high end that has great extension, with sparkle, shimmer, and air. A balanced, realistic sound signature. I know there are plenty of IEMs known for their bass performance, but which earphones out there (especially in this "super-budget Chinese" category) stands out for their high-end performance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back