CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 9, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #28,936 of 31,831
Their has to be something around for for less than 140 euro.
Perhaps I will follow crinacles advice and buy the cca c10???

Why does **** end up in asterix? Excuse the newbie question.

I thought you were teasing us into a guessing game about what was arriving.

Oct 9, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #28,937 of 31,831

When I think of sound stage and under $50 USD, I think of the Final E3000. The next step up is their A4000 in my mind.

Oct 9, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #28,938 of 31,831
Any particular IEM under 50 dollars that you would recommend for its large soundstage? I really enjoy the kz zsr and have the **** arriving next week
The KBear Neon if you insert it deep enough so it enter (and expend) your brain perception??
''Sand Fair'' **** have quite impressive soundstage too...
Is it the one that will arrive next week?

Moondrop Aria have quite good sounstage too....DQSM Hermit too.

PS: asterix stuff are banned company or banned seller....thats complicate.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #28,939 of 31,831

CCA C10 is good...very similar to KZ ZS10PRO, bit smoother-warmer.

Oct 9, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #28,940 of 31,831
1633817285602.png

AUDIOSENSE DT600 (6Knowles+? BA-250$) VS AUDIOSENSE T800 (8knowles BA-300$)

There you go for the ultimate duel.
My sub-500$ favorite multi-BA that gives me daily eargasm and headbanging fun for more than 2 years. Let just say i’m a bit biased here, the emotional connection being very intense with this T800. But hey, these 2 beasts are quite different and here the T800 is the less maturely tuned we can say.

TONALITY : T800 is brighter, more W shape and more boosted in bass. DT600 feels flatter and less vivid in dynamic, more organic and neutral.

TIMBRE : Very similar, but T800 is a bit thicker, more textured and grainy while transparency go to DT600.

BASS : Well, if i was waiting for an upgrade in this department, i feel underwhelmed because the DT600 bass isn’t as full and natural as T800, it’s slam is even boomier and restrain in mid and high bass presence, so the kick hit feel more scooped and definition is more abstract.

MIDS : T800 is brighter and less natural, it can go aggressive too which the DT600 don’t. DT600 has leaner, smoother mids with greater transparency and resolution. Female vocal feel more recessed due to softer upper mids.

TREBLE : DT600 have a smoother fuller leaner colder treble, it deals better with busy track and feel more balanced. It has less bite than T800 as well as less crunchy texture, but it doesn’t put micro-details as forwards and can lack definition edge.

SOUNDSTAGE : T800 has wider-taller spatiality and a more holographic out of your head presentation. DT600 is a bit deeper but overall more intimate.

IMAGING : T800 has a greater amount of sound layers, but lacking the DT600 transparency it’s harder to dig in and precisely spot instrument placement, DT600 is better in this aspect.

All in all, while I have more fun with the T800, i can say DT600 is a step up in term of balance, resolution and precision...but not in bass presence and control, soundstage and attack edge. Unlike other Audiosense IEM i heard, the DT600 is a turning stone and valuable proof of tuning refinement...now, it’s time they take some bass lessons!

1633817322806.png

I really enjoy the DT600....and think Audiosense is back on track!
But, ya....the bass while impressive in slam quantity....is underwhelming in overall quality imo.
Nonetheless, this is a great IEM. Like an upgraded Seeaudio Yume in everything but bass.

Oct 9, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #28,941 of 31,831
Any particular IEM under 50 dollars that you would recommend for its large soundstage? I really enjoy the kz zsr and have the **** arriving next week

Final Audio E3000. In view of the semi open backed design, the soundstage is quite large, but at the expense of isolation.

Also, the E3000 needs amping though, due to the low sensitivity. L shaped bassy and warm set, with dark treble. Imaging and layering are quite nice for the price. Some may find the non detachable cable a deal breaker though.

As for your question about the asterix, please read this post from master Slater about banned brands/stores on headfi: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1978#post-14135342

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021 at 1:34 AM Post #28,942 of 31,831

CCA C10 is a good set to own, and though I don't always see eye to eye with Crinacle's ranking list, he is always a safe bet to follow and the "originator" of his IEM ranking list, which he Grades from "S to F" and also provides a "Value Rating." AND I WARN YOU, not like the recent rise on several "imitators" that are copying the same ranking list like if it's their own. This is why I applaud Crinacle for originality!

https://crinacle.com/rankings/iems/

-Clear :thumbsup:

Oct 10, 2021 at 1:56 AM Post #28,943 of 31,831

CCA C10 is pretty good for the price
There is KZ DQ6 or the new KZ ZEX if you want something new.

When it comes to audiogear reviewer, you need to find out the reviewer taste.
So you could get more accurate reading on the actual sound. Crin love for Harman, BGGAR love for bass and lower mids, and my local reviewers love for extended Treble.
Each of the preference will makes them have different opinion on whats good or whats enough means.
Or per other headfier says, get one reviewer whose taste is inline with yours which will make it easier.

**** is usually banned products or person that will automatically censored.
On why the ban, there is several reason from fraud, to problematic product promotion, to simple forum ban like using inappropriate word.

Oct 10, 2021 at 2:59 AM Post #28,944 of 31,831
Yep, KC2 have very appealing mids, what a bargain really.

What come to my mind is the MOONDROP ARIA, TINHIFI T2+ ans TANCHJIM TANYA...all offer versatile beautifull well bodied vocal performance, Aria is cleanest, T2+ thickest and TANYA bassiest
Thanks for the suggestion. Aria looks quite good they're getting lots of love. Only thing is I read a review here which says that it's excellent for female vocal but male vocal may sound thin not as full sounding. I listened to lots of male vocal with baritone voice.

I need to check the t2+and tanya. But T2+ hungry for amping?

Oct 10, 2021 at 3:18 AM Post #28,945 of 31,831
Thanks for the suggestion. Aria looks quite good they're getting lots of love. Only thing is I read a review here which says that it's excellent for female vocal but male vocal may sound thin not as full sounding. I listened to lots of male vocal with baritone voice.

Yes, T2+ is a little hungry for amping.

Oct 10, 2021 at 3:25 AM Post #28,946 of 31,831
No one mentions Shure AONIC3? I think it has the best mids around that price :) Euphonic and tonally accurate. Wide open soundstage, and non-harsh yet clear treble

The downside are its bass reach and quantity, slightly lower resolution (than Moondrop S8 for example), and perhaps comfort for some, though I have no issue with the fit and isolation is pretty good as well

Oct 10, 2021 at 3:36 AM Post #28,947 of 31,831

T2 Plus is easier to drive then the Tanya actually.

T2 Plus does scale a bit with amping, amping is good to have but it is not really compulsory. Whereas Tanya sounds very flat without amping and I wouldn't recommend Tanya if you don't have an amp on hand.

Oct 10, 2021 at 3:39 AM Post #28,948 of 31,831

If you listen to rock or hiphop with focus on bass, guitar, and male vocal, get Trip mele.
Aria is the balanced one, a bit more versatile but surprisingly there is something a bit lacking in lower male vocal.
Not that jarring but in this song, there is something missing from the male vocal on aria. I'm not sure what it is or its just me not used to clear sounding Aria after a month using Tanya.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021 at 4:32 AM Post #28,949 of 31,831
Thanks for all the advice. Much appreciated. Yes it's the sand fair **** that's arriving next week. I read somewhere that it needs power so I have a new dac/amp arriving in fortnight too. I began with Kz. Ate, zst, zs10, Zsn, Zsr. Also have original mh750s. I enjoy my soundmagic and one more bluetooth sets. I find the zsr the best. Nothing else comes close. The value, for 13 euros, is astonishing. Stage is open and airy. Reverb on vocals really shimmers. Looking forward to opening up to other companies now. Enjoying the hobby.

Oct 10, 2021 at 5:39 AM Post #28,950 of 31,831
If you listen to rock or hiphop with focus on bass, guitar, and male vocal, get Trip mele.
Aria is the balanced one, a bit more versatile but surprisingly there is something a bit lacking in lower male vocal.
Not that jarring but in this song, there is something missing from the male vocal on aria. I'm not sure what it is or its just me not used to clear sounding Aria after a month using Tanya.

I don't listen to hip hop but do listen to rock pop, folk and similar genre. I listened to male and female equally so I'm searching for something that do good for both. For budget iem BQEYZ KC2 is excellent for me sound signature wise. For my ears KC2 is good for both male and female vocal. I'm searching for improvement to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back