CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 31, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #22,996 of 31,831
I’m a mess .....I loved my Etymotic (I forget the model# MC5?) under $100 first real iem way back years ago and I just wished it had more bass now maybe the new Etys make that so...ER2XR is doable price wise and I’ve enjoyed Etymotics before so maybe Its time to try them again.
Starfield, T-ones, or ER2XR ...told ya Im a mess and I’m pushing the boundaries of the “sub 100” thread ..lol. Anybody heard all three maybe?

Jan 31, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #22,997 of 31,831
WG T-ONE or Starfield?
They are my finalists (Today), unless I can swing Tri I3’s!

do you like sub bass mid bass boost? starfield have big sub bass boost, while ER2XR is just north uplift. Starfield definitely have great reviews, I would take them if I don't have Kanas Pro. Or maybe save a little bit for the i3?

Jan 31, 2020 at 11:13 PM Post #22,998 of 31,831
i have an authentic pair--they're actually pretty refined, but i rarely have the urge to listen to it--it seems to have been tuned for maximum inoffensiveness, i.e. not too much bass or high end extension. i felt the same way about the (quite expensive) b&o h3 iems they bundled with lg phones
I have real ones that came with my note 8 that still work and I use sometimes. I removed the filters on mine and use sony hybrid tips, I also wear them over-ear because they don't fit my ear unless i swap L-R and wear them upside down, no matter the tip. They sound very good.

Feb 1, 2020 at 2:18 AM Post #22,999 of 31,831
Hi guys. Any good recs for $10'ish cables for the Blon BLO3? Thinking something not too thick as it's for my niece and she is tiny. Silver or white would be cool I think. From Aliexpress would be best. Also what is the ear tip of choice for the Blon? They are shallow insert so many double flanged? Thank you.

Feb 1, 2020 at 8:13 AM Post #23,000 of 31,831
I’m a mess .....I loved my Etymotic (I forget the model# MC5?) under $100 first real iem way back years ago and I just wished it had more bass now maybe the new Etys make that so...ER2XR is doable price wise and I’ve enjoyed Etymotics before so maybe Its time to try them again.
Starfield, T-ones, or ER2XR ...told ya Im a mess and I’m pushing the boundaries of the “sub 100” thread ..lol. Anybody heard all three maybe?
Have ER2XR and Starfield , love both

Feb 1, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #23,001 of 31,831
Hi guys. Any good recs for $10'ish cables for the Blon BLO3? Thinking something not too thick as it's for my niece and she is tiny. Silver or white would be cool I think. From Aliexpress would be best. Also what is the ear tip of choice for the Blon? They are shallow insert so many double flanged? Thank you.

There are these upgrade cables, made specifically for the Blons. A number of people have them and love them.

1B4A8EC5-5668-4842-8AB3-B432FFAA55C8.jpeg 0394B905-CF0E-42DD-92B3-99DEA0896CCB.jpeg

They fit perfectly and require no mods. You can find them for sale from the same listings as the Blons themselves.

Feb 3, 2020 at 4:11 AM Post #23,003 of 31,831
I'm having trouble reading the new posts here. There are more listed than are visible!

Feb 3, 2020 at 4:18 AM Post #23,004 of 31,831
can someone give me a comparison between the Tin T2 and TRN BA5 on one side and the BQEYZ KB100 on the other? i have the T2 and BA5 and i'm looking at the KB100.

Tin T2 as you know has a fairly flat but musical response. KB100 has a lot more bass without losing mids or even highs. I find rhythmically the T2 to be more natural. I don't use either much nowadays but when I do I tend to reach out to the T2s more instinctively. The KB100 though has a succulent bass. Meaty compared to the Tin T2. The KB100 is exceptional value for money and for most, who need bass, would be a good choice. IMHO

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020 at 7:36 AM Post #23,005 of 31,831
I appreciate the hard work on the site appearance. I'm not sure I'm getting email notifications of the threads I am subscribed to, which is a bit disconcerting. Anything new takes time to get used to. If you don't know 1 + 1 = 2 then that's even hard. We will get used to it, but to me the most important thing is to get emails of new posts in Outlook, and to be able to view the whole post in Outlook. At the moment it's not working. I guess, admin, you must know that. It looks really good but needs a little work on functionality. We're getting there though. All's well that ends well.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020 at 9:27 PM Post #23,006 of 31,831
I appreciate the hard work on the site appearance. I'm not sure I'm getting email notifications of the threads I am subscribed to, which is a bit disconcerting. Anything new takes time to get used to. If you don't know 1 + 1 = 2 then that's even hard. We will get used to it, but to me the most important thing is to get emails of new posts in Outlook, and to be able to view the whole post in Outlook. At the moment it's not working. I guess, admin, you must know that. It looks really good but needs a little work on functionality. We're getting there though. All's well that ends well.

I have instinctively scrolled my mouse to the screen's right side to like a post and instead hit "Reply" about 19 times until my muscle memory learned it's now on the left.

Feb 4, 2020 at 3:14 AM Post #23,008 of 31,831
Overall the site is a little bit of a mess. I wrote a feedback message under "contact us". I already said this in the message but thought I'd share my opinion here. I also want to say that I am not receiving email notifications

The older version was basic, minimalistic and clean. The new version adds unnecessary color and features. What do I mean by this? The box which holds "report,quote,reply" has a gradient from grey to blue, which truly doesn't look good. A solid color adds a cleaner look. I also think that it was unecessary to ad a whole box/tab for share and like, this adds an imbalance, before everything was under one tab/box.. and it was easier and more convenient. I think that it's better to return the like feature under one single tab/box (along report, quote, reply) and to remove the tab holding the share button. The share button could be moved either to the left of the report button, or to the top (where it says the time and number# of the post)
The like icon is also unnecessary, but I see that the site is heading to a modern look.
The blue highlight box which marked the message you was replying to was much cleaner and easier to differentiatio from the reply than the new, barely different shade of gray.

The text editor is also a mess, I won't go into details but the previous one was better. I don't remember if there was a save icon before, but I like that. If there are new features in the text editor, it's a good thing. But they need to correct some things about how it functions, especially text size

Like we already said, the site is heading in the right direction but it needs more work. And this is nothing scary, it's completely normal.. you can't get it perfect from the first run.
No I'm not trying to be a smartass. I'm genuinely giving my feedback with positive intention to imporve the experience on the site. I hope my feedback isn't taken as an insult, that is not my intention.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back