CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 20, 2020 at 5:55 AM Post #22,833 of 31,809
He reviewed with stocked tips lmao
I used stock tips too as I find them perfect for my ears and it measures similar with my poor-man-setup. I tried other tips too but overall no improvement, only slight changes.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 7:03 AM Post #22,834 of 31,809
TONEKING Nine Tail
MY FINAL IMPRESSIONS AFTER 6 MONTHS

Ehh... not feeling it...

Bass is way too boomy. Mids sound a tad veiled and not open. Treble is recessed with little to no detail. Imaging is okay. Soundstage is intimate and barely extends out of your head. And its overall technical abilities are just mediocre. For the price of $100, these are just not worth it.

Honestly, the BLON BL03 will give you almost everything the Nine Tail gives you, but for ⅓ the price.

But don't get me wrong, the Nine Tail still holds its ground. The mids are more defined and have more resolution compared to the BLON. But for $100, it should offer much more than that, especially when newer IEMs like the Shuoer Singer offer much more for even less.

The Nine Tails are underrated. Let's hope it stays that way.

0RgQDnl.jpg

You tried all 9 filter combinations?

Jan 20, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #22,835 of 31,809
You tried all 9 filter combinations?

@NeonHD "Veiled mids" and "recessed treble with little detail" seems so different from what I hear, it's like describing a completely different iem really.

Maybe your filters got clogged or something. Also you should check if dirt, some other debris or moist got into the driver chamber. On both sides.

Assuming drivers and filters are ok upon inspection I'd start serious source, cable, tip and filter rolling as you are missing out on a great iem.

Gl buddy.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #22,836 of 31,809
Moondrop's last iem in Star saga. Starfield..

20200120_182435.jpg 20200120_181831.jpg
Took me 5 mins to mount the seperate pieces together. Cable, driver and eartips are all seperated. Btw a pliar and 3 pairs of spare filters in its box too. It was understandable for KXXS but this iem is entry level! Who expects accessories like this? Moondrop raised the quality bar higher.

In my brief impressions I used all my review playlist at Tidal and here on Ez3kiel - Born in Valhalla https://tidal.com/track/34481238 I am convinced that this iem is great!!
Funking large enveloping soundstage, good layering, natural and neutral IMO. And a background so black as its name Starfield hints me. I hope many more uses this successful iem.
Ps: Drive is easy but I suspect this desires an amp.
Ps2: https://tidal.com/track/80813962 shows its brilliant for jazz too. Afterall it has a pitch black and zero hissed background.

Jan 20, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #22,837 of 31,809
Thanks for taking one for the team and trying the VK4.

I've said it many times before, QKZ are junk.

There are a few QKZ models that are 'less junky' than the others. There's no reason (in my mind) for anyone to buy QKZ anything. There's way better earphones out there for the same price or cheaper.

Bro, you should seriously try the QKZ VK4, they are way better than your other QKZ and IMHO not junk at all :)

Jan 20, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #22,838 of 31,809
Bro, you should seriously try the QKZ VK4, they are way better than your other QKZ and IMHO not junk at all :)
I think this might be in response to Slater's comment on my quick review. I would concur that the VK4 isn't junk, but I think it's only very good for its price. The BLONs, for example, are much better, in my opinion. I see that some people really like them, though, so for them, it was ~$11 well spent. Not much to lose.

VK1 is really bad, though.

Jan 20, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #22,839 of 31,809
I think this might be in response to Slater's comment on my quick review. I would concur that the VK4 isn't junk, but I think it's only very good for its price. The BLONs, for example, are much better, in my opinion. I see that some people really like them, though, so for them, it was ~$11 well spent. Not much to lose.

VK1 is really bad, though.

My VK1 is actually very good.

10363324.jpg

Jan 20, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #22,843 of 31,809
You could probably use that CCA cable on the VK4, right?

I think I would choose a different color cable for the VK4. This one belongs to the VK1 now. Forever:)

Jan 20, 2020 at 7:20 PM Post #22,844 of 31,809
I just received the Tennmak Pro and realized that MMCX cable from the Moxpad X3 don't fit at all. How many types of mmcx connection exist?

Yep, as said Tennmak is MMCX. Moxpad is DC plug. Whoever told you X3 is MMCX, well, I wouldn't listen to them anymore :)

What the heck happened to Tennmak? One of the ones that I thought might grow into bigger and better things. Like KBear kinda thing but no they have fizzled out it seems.

Jan 20, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #22,845 of 31,809
What the heck happened to Tennmak? One of the ones that I thought might grow into bigger and better things. Like KBear kinda thing but no they have fizzled out it seems.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if the Tennmak owner “Mr Tony” got involved in a different ChiFi brand. I doubt he would have just walked away after Tennmak got fairly successful a number of years ago.

I’m sure he’s involved in one way or another with one of the current brands. Just like the KZ guys left AT, the TRN guys left KZ, etc etc.

It seems to be fairly easy to just create a new ChiFi brand and pump out some earphones. With ODMs, you don’t even have to make your own products; just do the sales and marketing. That’s what the majority of these ChiFi companies are doing anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back