CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 9, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #22,576 of 31,809
well....this became more and more worrysome. TRN isnt know for top notch QC to say the least. So, your the third for now....

And are you a member or not? lol Your welcome to came in Bro. Chill place. Funny place. No B* place....Non snobbish as well. Similar to here but well...no big Brotha in NBBA!

Edit: okay thanks find the thread....well well....even more intriguing!
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/urbanfun-ybf-iss014-lost-potential-for-greatness.921709/

There have been multiple reports of crap units here as well(maybe 3-4). Crinacle got a bad pair shown on his graph, and the phonograph.net graph is weird as hell. I personally cant rec these because of TRN's QC.

Mine sound fantastic though. :)

Jan 9, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #22,577 of 31,809
So, perhaps its time i share more toughs about JADE AUDIO EA3.

Firstly, the burn in SOLVE bass issue. Not upper mids issue.

These are not for treble sensitive or upper mids sensitive people. Apart from this, they are kinda okay....but VERY source dependant (cable do not change drastically sound but source sure is)

MIDS are a mixed bag, timbre is rather dry and thin, and vocal have serious sibilance...i hate sibilance as well as artificial timbre, wich is very evident with female vocal, less so with instrument like violin (piano sound thin and lack weight). So shouty are the mids and well, this agressive approach isnt finish.

TREBLE is harsh, from low to high treble its fowarded...this can dig extra micro details in upper highs but will make percussions sound harsh, splashy, metallic artifical...ear fatigue guarantee at high volume! for not over crowded music like pop, rap etc it can give good result....but still, the vocal will annoy you.

SOundstage is the highlight.
Jade Audio EA3

I agree, I find the mids can be shy, on the timbre of the male vocals (e.g. Sinatra). But I've focused the EA3s on: 90's Hip Hop, DanceHall Reggae, 80's Club and 70's rock (e.g. Led Zeppelin), so the timbre is a non-issue for me.

I'm definitely allergic to sibilant phones and a screechy high end. But I'm not having issue with my EA3s; due to my EQing them. I'm currently playing "House of the Rising Sun", The Animals (which is the most sibilant recording that I have), the EA3 isn't exhibiting an exorbitant amount of hiss; I've had some IEMs almost whistle on the "S"s, when playing this song.

EQ Jade EA3 wSilverBlue cable.png

Jan 9, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #22,578 of 31,809
Jan 9, 2020 at 9:10 PM Post #22,579 of 31,809
I would discontinue using any IEM that gives static or electrical shock. Just because your body can absorb charge it shouldn’t!

I got kz as10 today.... detail is amazing but it is kind of lifeless sounding. I also want to know what has a similar signature. I think the tuning of as10 is great. It just is weak on bass.

compared to the TRN V90 it's really lifeless sounding, the AS10 lack the upper extension and the BA-bass sounds and feels somehow "odd",

also there's somewhat of a metallic timbre to it, which the V90 seems to have not, it sounds and feels way more coherent and organic, it's not on the same level like the BLON BL-03,

but it's perfectly pleasant to listen to all sorts of music with it without piercing or fatiguing highs.

The AS10 on the other hand is way more laid back for casual listening, however compared to the V90 it shows that it might be too laid back since there's obviously still leeway to go higher without piercing, fatiguing or hurting

Jan 9, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #22,580 of 31,809
Jade Audio EA3

I agree, I find the mids can be shy, on the timbre of the male vocals (e.g. Sinatra). But I've focused the EA3s on: 90's Hip Hop, DanceHall Reggae, 80's Club and 70's rock (e.g. Led Zeppelin), so the timbre is a non-issue for me.

I'm definitely allergic to sibilant phones and a screechy high end. But I'm not having issue with my EA3s; due to my EQing them. I'm currently playing "House of the Rising Sun", The Animals (which is the most sibilant recording that I have), the EA3 isn't exhibiting an exorbitant amount of hiss; I've had some IEMs almost whistle on the "S"s, when playing this song.

Yeah. But your cheating with EQ bro. NoooooooooooooooooooooooT CooooooooooooooooooooooooL grrr

Anyway, im happy you like them. With vocal less music it can be okay...but that treble spike still is problematic.

I prefer DT6pro over them even if soundstage is underwhelming. Sound more balanced and vocal are fuller. But its no big crush either. Prefer **** over **** Pro.

Jan 9, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #22,581 of 31,809
For me the **** pro changed remarkably with burn in. They were almost unlistenable to me when I first got them. Maybe I had terrible fit etc. I thought they were gonna just go in the junk drawer, but I put them on a source and let them burn in for about 24 hours and they were transformed. They are my favorite now. That said I don't have the original **** so cannot compare. Wondering if I should get a pair now.
Did DT6Pro improve with burn in?

Jan 9, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #22,582 of 31,809
For me the **** pro changed remarkably with burn in. They were almost unlistenable to me when I first got them. Maybe I had terrible fit etc. I thought they were gonna just go in the junk drawer, but I put them on a source and let them burn in for about 24 hours and they were transformed. They are my favorite now. That said I don't have the original **** so cannot compare. Wondering if I should get a pair now.

you might be right. sure need at least 10H of burn in with all these drivers....**** was love story straigh out of the box but who know....perhaps they were tested pre burned....did soundstage open and sound became more airy??

Jan 9, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #22,583 of 31,809
Looking at the measurements

... Looking at them kinda hurts my eyes, although it did sound very, very intense on hard-rock/metal tracks so that kind of FR is almost expected. I will try to tip-roll and recheck with different sources (right now using mostly with LG G7 + sharp filter which is quite analytical as a source) but that hot treble seems too messy to be corrected with just tips/source.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #22,584 of 31,809
compared to the TRN V90 it's really lifeless sounding, the AS10 lack the upper extension and the BA-bass sounds and feels somehow "odd",

also there's somewhat of a metallic timbre to it, which the V90 seems to have not, it sounds and feels way more coherent and organic, it's not on the same level like the BLON BL-03,

but it's perfectly pleasant to listen to all sorts of music with it without piercing or fatiguing highs.

The AS10 on the other hand is way more laid back for casual listening, however compared to the V90 it shows that it might be too laid back since there's obviously still leeway to go higher without piercing, fatiguing or hurting
Thanks man I found after some more listening the bass is very subtle but extension goes very deep I was surprised! (On the as10)
I haven’t tried EQing it yet because so far I only used with xduoo x3
I also found bass presence was notably
Improved while switching from the stock silicone tips to foam tips.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2020 at 11:25 PM Post #22,585 of 31,809
You have to remember I don't have a lot of experience with different IEMs, but to me the soundstage is quite good. It is one of the things I really like. They seem somewhat neutral and have great detail. I listen to them with my Ibasso DX50 on high gain. They seem to like the extra power. You are making me want to buy the regular **** now.

...did soundstage open and sound became more airy??

Jan 10, 2020 at 12:50 AM Post #22,586 of 31,809
Jade Audio EA3

They are so hissy... more than the TFZs

Jan 10, 2020 at 12:56 AM Post #22,587 of 31,809
So far I'm just using the EA3 for classical music, without EQ. Very detailed at this price point but still got ton of bass ofc. But as @NymPHONOmaniac has said, it become quite harsh sometimes because of the too much detail & audible hiss. The sound of instruments like the harps and triangles even become quite artificial when I played Tchaikovsky's The Nutcrackers - Waltz of the Flower.

However, I can agree on the soundstage which are pretty good and definitely more spacious than my TFZs. But just that, it lacked depth. This make the musics sounds like it was played inside a tin can (I have mentioned this on the EA3 thread before) but I think i'll need to burning them in more to see if they're going to improve.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020 at 1:01 AM Post #22,590 of 31,809
Shanling UP2 as USB DAC to my s10+
I'm a desktop listener and not accustomed to these hiss problems, I've never heard hiss unless i stop the music and put my amp in high gain at 3ish o clock for the TFZ t2 and that would destroy that IEM if music were played. The point is, sounds like it's your equipment being a problem. Not the IEM, sorry to finally disagree with you. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back