CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 8, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #22,516 of 31,831
New cable for the **** Pro! Still happy with these as my daily IEM. Great sound and I prefer the cable down design.

dt6pro.png

Jan 8, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #22,517 of 31,831
New cable for the **** Pro! Still happy with these as my daily IEM. Great sound and I prefer the cable down design.

Same here, using one pair with a balanced cable on my FiiO X7II + THX module and another pair with a regular cable with my Zorloo Ztella DAC/Amp cable. No equalizing needed, they sound exactly the way I like.

Jan 8, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #22,518 of 31,831
'True free market capitalism is great'

No it's not great for the poor and for those whose countries are pillaged by the 'Capitalist' countries. Politics, ideology and IEMs do not mix.
Large amounts of evidence from history prove both of those things to be untrue. If you choose to believe them, however, that's your prerogative. I didn't bring up the subject, it was already being discussed by multiple people in this thread. But I'll drop it there since the whole discussion was off topic to begin with.

Jan 8, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #22,519 of 31,831
So, perhaps its time i share more toughs about JADE AUDIO EA3.

Firstly, the burn in SOLVE bass issue. Not upper mids issue.

These are not for treble sensitive or upper mids sensitive people. Apart from this, they are kinda okay....but VERY source dependant (cable do not change drastically sound but source sure is)

My first grumpy impressions was based on 2 BAD pairing: Ibasso DX90 and Xduoo X20, both using sharp detailed ES9018 dac, X90 have strange bass bump and X20 being cold. This make overal sound very dry, agressive and unpleasant. But i think final conclusion is still partly grumpy.

Now, these impressions are with Xduoo XD-05plus (with Burson V5i opamp)

SOUNDSNATURE: Bright agressive W shape with hint of bass warmth.

Very clear sounding, but rough in timbre and not super precise in definition with the exception of razor sharp highs.

BASS is near basshead, sub extension is thick and rumbly, mid bass punch isnt fowards, but still,its weighty and well rounded. Bass is warmer part of the sound, not very detailed but quite well controled.

MIDS are a mixed bag, timbre is rather dry and thin, and vocal have serious sibilance...i hate sibilance as well as artificial timbre, wich is very evident with female vocal, less so with instrument like violin (piano sound thin and lack weight). So shouty are the mids and well, this agressive approach isnt finish.

TREBLE is harsh, from low to high treble its fowarded...this can dig extra micro details in upper highs but will make percussions sound harsh, splashy, metallic artifical...ear fatigue guarantee at high volume! for not over crowded music like pop, rap etc it can give good result....but still, the vocal will annoy you.

SOundstage is the highlight.

Jan 8, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #22,520 of 31,831
EA3 VS BQEYZ KB100 (50$):

Construction as well as sound is from another league here.
SOUNDSTAGE is slightly more intimate with KB100 tough it tend to be less easily congested because of way better IMAGING with precise instrument placement, wich is very evident with whole mid range. BASS isn thigher, more punchy and faster, as well, we have more realist texture, but its extend shyly compared to EA3 beefy rumbly sub, wich is seriously more bass head than flatter KB100. MID RANGE is so more refined and realist with KB100, make the EA3 unbareably shouty after hearing to it, its superbly balanced, do not feel artificially push fowards, so smoother and more natural in timbre as well as more accurate and refined, EA3 sound very primitive and agressive compared to it and way more sibilant with vocal. TREBLE follow same path, while the EA3 is like a machine gun shoothing everything he can dig at you, KB100 is balanced, less trebly, and you dont encounter splashyness and harshness like with EA3, its softer in extension too, wich will perhaps give you less brillance and sparkle, but here it’s positive because EA3 brilliance is overly metallic.
If your a basshead that isnt treble sensitive, you might find the EA3 more exciting and fun. If your a serious audiophile, you will applause the more balanced and neutral tuning of KB100 as well as more natural timbre and imaging.

Jan 8, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #22,521 of 31,831
Large amounts of evidence from history prove both of those things to be untrue. If you choose to believe them, however, that's your prerogative. I didn't bring up the subject, it was already being discussed by multiple people in this thread. But I'll drop it there since the whole discussion was off topic to begin with.

The conversation could relevant to this thread. Here we talk about sub-$100 budget earphones, in a thread at head-fi.org. The .org top level domain was one of the original top-level domains of the internet, and was created back in 1985. As someone who used the internet starting in the '80s, I have strong associations of what the original TLDs were for, and .org was originally only for non-profit companies. That requirement was not policed strongly. Head-fi.org is not now a non-profit, and I'm not sure if it ever was, so it's always felt a bit odd coming here (as an internet veteran) knowing that it is a for-profit entity with a .org domain name. The TLD .org has been operated by the Public Interest Registry since 2003, though it's future is somewhat murky since it's owner the Internet Society plans to sell it to the venture capital backed shell company Ethos Capital for $1.135 billion, with PIR abandoning it's own non-profit status to become a B Corporation, and then start raising rates at whatever amount it wants to generate as much profit as it wants/can (which as a non-profit it could not do), and with less accountability and transparency. Despite organizations like this hallowed site not being non-profit and yet having a .org domain, there are still significant numbers of actual non-profits which use .org which will be threatened. Being a for-profit private entity allows companies to be a lot more opaque and have censorship power, and the EFF has a petition up to try and stop the sale of .org which I recommend you sign if you are interested in protecting one of the more valuable parts of the internet from another money-grab and more corporate censorship. Here at head-fi.org and in this thread we are reminded every day about what corporate censorship means because of the banned brands which we cannot talk about, and despite what anyone feels about this and despite how much a part of this community we may feel we are, it is the company that runs this site that makes this decision, not us, we are not free to speak. For-profit companies will defend free speech only when it benefits them, but in truth, they are sociopathic entities which seek only to gain as much power for themselves by whatever means are legally available, and they will protect themselves and their own reputation at the exclusion of all else, often while presenting themselves as the champions of their customers. (I will be surprised if this post survives on this site.)

Jan 8, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #22,522 of 31,831
The conversation could relevant to this thread. Here we talk about sub-$100 budget earphones, in a thread at head-fi.org. The .org top level domain was one of the original top-level domains of the internet, and was created back in 1985. As someone who used the internet starting in the '80s, I have strong associations of what the original TLDs were for, and .org was originally only for non-profit companies. That requirement was not policed strongly. Head-fi.org is not now a non-profit, and I'm not sure if it ever was, so it's always felt a bit odd coming here (as an internet veteran) knowing that it is a for-profit entity with a .org domain name. The TLD .org has been operated by the Public Interest Registry since 2003, though it's future is somewhat murky since it's owner the Internet Society plans to sell it to the venture capital backed shell company Ethos Capital for $1.135 billion, with PIR abandoning it's own non-profit status to become a B Corporation, and then start raising rates at whatever amount it wants to generate as much profit as it wants/can (which as a non-profit it could not do), and with less accountability and transparency. Despite organizations like this hallowed site not being non-profit and yet having a .org domain, there are still significant numbers of actual non-profits which use .org which will be threatened. Being a for-profit private entity allows companies to be a lot more opaque and have censorship power, and the EFF has a petition up to try and stop the sale of .org which I recommend you sign if you are interested in protecting one of the more valuable parts of the internet from another money-grab and more corporate censorship. Here at head-fi.org and in this thread we are reminded every day about what corporate censorship means because of the banned brands which we cannot talk about, and despite what anyone feels about this and despite how much a part of this community we may feel we are, it is the company that runs this site that makes this decision, not us, we are not free to speak. For-profit companies will defend free speech only when it benefits them, but in truth, they are sociopathic entities which seek only to gain as much power for themselves by whatever means are legally available, and they will protect themselves and their own reputation at the exclusion of all else, often while presenting themselves as the champions of their customers. (I will be surprised if this post survives on this site.)

Good to see someone with a social conscience. How do you teach people to have universal responsibility and to reject narcissism and self interest? It seems self interest, greed and grasping motivate so many........too many.

Jan 8, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #22,524 of 31,831
So, perhaps its time i share more toughs about JADE AUDIO EA3.

Firstly, the burn in SOLVE bass issue. Not upper mids issue.

These are not for treble sensitive or upper mids sensitive people. Apart from this, they are kinda okay....but VERY source dependant (cable do not change drastically sound but source sure is)

My first grumpy impressions was based on 2 BAD pairing: Ibasso DX90 and Xduoo X20, both using sharp detailed ES9018 dac, X90 have strange bass bump and X20 being cold. This make overal sound very dry, agressive and unpleasant. But i think final conclusion is still partly grumpy.

Now, these impressions are with Xduoo XD-05plus (with Burson V5i opamp)

SOUNDSNATURE: Bright agressive W shape with hint of bass warmth.

Very clear sounding, but rough in timbre and not super precise in definition with the exception of razor sharp highs.

BASS is near basshead, sub extension is thick and rumbly, mid bass punch isnt fowards, but still,its weighty and well rounded. Bass is warmer part of the sound, not very detailed but quite well controled.

MIDS are a mixed bag, timbre is rather dry and thin, and vocal have serious sibilance...i hate sibilance as well as artificial timbre, wich is very evident with female vocal, less so with instrument like violin (piano sound thin and lack weight). So shouty are the mids and well, this agressive approach isnt finish.

TREBLE is harsh, from low to high treble its fowarded...this can dig extra micro details in upper highs but will make percussions sound harsh, splashy, metallic artifical...ear fatigue guarantee at high volume! for not over crowded music like pop, rap etc it can give good result....but still, the vocal will annoy you.

SOundstage is the highlight.

Which tips are u using and what volume are u playing the EA3 at?

I found the stock black tips and higher volume make the EA3 more V shaped and harsher in the upper mids/lower treble region. With stock red tips and lower volumes, it is more U shaped and the higher frequencies are not so jarring (I'm borderline treble sensitive).

Got my Jade Audio EA3. First impressions, sharp highs, average timbre, sibilant and lacking some weight. Good for the price I guess and all in all not too bad, but having them A/B'd against similarly priced IEMs like Crescent, E3000, Sora Light and BLON 03 I wouldn't pick them over any of those.

That was my exact thoughts OOTB. I almost threw away the EA3 OOTB, but after 10 - 15 hours burn in and with average volume/stock red tips, the sibilance and upper frequency harshness has tamed a lot.

Jan 8, 2020 at 8:04 PM Post #22,525 of 31,831
Believe me bro: I do everything i can to domesticate them.
On NBBA facebook group feedback are on par with mine....Sibilance and treble harshness is just too much. So yeah, i tend to listen to them at lower volume....way lower volume, but i wish it save my ear and it isnt, its still fatiguing.

I never use stock tips...as well as cable....test to find best one, alpha&delta 8cores SPC one look to be the best, sure the (hibisuc) Litz cable is good cause it warm a little bit the sound but to the cost of being less agile too. For eartips KZ starline and FLC8P with eartips was my choice...i give a try tomemory foam, wide bore etc...nothing solve EA3 issue.

My full story go from: What it sound nice and detailed, authoritative bass! Quite big soundstage! to....Ouch....it hurt...hey...SIBILANCE....hey...Splashyness....hey...trebly AF!

The remind me less sharp and articulate KZ ZS6....Imaging of ZS6 was better from what i remember.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #22,526 of 31,831
Got my Jade Audio EA3. First impressions, sharp highs, average timbre, sibilant and lacking some weight. Good for the price I guess and all in all not too bad, but having them A/B'd against similarly priced IEMs like Crescent, E3000, Sora Light and BLON 03 I wouldn't pick them over any of those.
+1 from me as well as anybody else impressions I read (with the exception of shaddy reviewer like Portafi etc)

Jan 8, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #22,527 of 31,831

Bro. I'm anti-capitalist...and even more anti-lobby-elitist-gangsta-crew....unfortunately, it's not the place to talk about this.

You can come into NBBA were its 100% freedom....but this thread must not be ban so we follow the rules. No choice.

Jan 8, 2020 at 9:56 PM Post #22,529 of 31,831
Bro. I'm anti-capitalist...and even more anti-lobby-elitist-gangsta-crew....unfortunately, it's not the place to talk about this.

You can come into NBBA were its 100% freedom....but this thread must not be ban so we follow the rules. No choice.

I think we can. Just need to be sneaky with it though. :wink:

Like really enjoying this song with KZ ES4. Havent used it in a while and took it to work yesterday and was loving it so much it went back to work with me today. Anyway this joint is fire!!!

LOL

Jan 8, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #22,530 of 31,831

I really like mine as well. I keep thinking about buying another pair, because they are my go to IEM, but then I think I should save my money to explore more options. I don't equalize mine at all either. Love them on my Ibasso dx50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back