CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 29, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #22,201 of 31,831
I was wondering what your method of burning in IEM's is.
I know that the time the IEM's spend being burned in varies from person to person, but what I'm interested is what tracks do you play on the, and at what volume?
If anybody can leave a link to the music/noise they use for burning in, it'd be great.
The 1More app. Takes care of everything; no need to worry about volume, time, noise type, etc.
For Android devices:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.onemore.app.smartheadset.android

Dec 29, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #22,202 of 31,831
I currently have the KZ ZS10 Pro. I really like the separation from the multiple drivers, but would love to have a more controlled sound (without loosing separation). Would you recommend the TRN V90 or the LZ A6Mini? Would those be an worthy improvement?

Dec 29, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #22,203 of 31,831
I currently have the KZ ZS10 Pro. I really like the separation from the multiple drivers, but would love to have a more controlled sound (without loosing separation). Would you recommend the TRN V90 or the LZ A6Mini? Would those be an worthy improvement?
The mids in the V90 is more recessed than the ZS10 Pro, not really an improvement but it is a bit more fun sounding imo.

Dec 29, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #22,205 of 31,831
One thing I require of earphone if it is going to be used for sleeping is that I am able to determine which side is left and which side is right in the dark.
I find the KZ ZSN quite handy for that purpose.

If I plan to use an IEM for sleeping, I wrap a small bit of electrical tape on the cable that goes to the right side.. where a mic would be if I used iems with mics. I can feel it in the dark and the small amount that I use looks ok .

Dec 29, 2019 at 7:46 PM Post #22,206 of 31,831
+1

Just bought another pair for less than 9€ during last sale (w/o cable). Added a Nicehck cable for ~ 6€. Very nice and comfortable combination.

yep, confirmed ! :floatsmile:

those are like the best earphones out there with an excellent fit, good sound - the option for upgrade or replacement cables is another plus

they can still hurt at times when lying on the side of the ear with one of the harder pillows though

Dec 29, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #22,207 of 31,831
The 1More app. Takes care of everything; no need to worry about volume, time, noise type, etc.
For Android devices:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.onemore.app.smartheadset.android
Thank you, I'll check it out. One concern which I have is that I want to be able to use my phone, so if somebody else has a different method which I can leave to work on my computer overnight, it would make life easier.

Nice to hear about your ambition to step up your chifi gear. Here's the thing, TRN V90 is a beast, if you have a smaller budget, it's a very good option. However, if you have the budget for the LZ A6 mini, buy it without questioning it. If you haven't noticed, many people consider it the best sub $150 IEM, so far I only heard very good things about it. THe LZ A6 mini is a whole different league, it's a BIG step up from the sub 50 dollar IEM's. I would say go for it, it's a grail and definitely a game changer. If you have the budget for both, go for it, but to be honest I don't see a reason for you to buy the V90 is you have the LZ A6 mini, the only reason which would make sense is that you can appreciate the A6 mini's brilliance.
Hope I helped, I'm pretty sure anybody here would recommend the A6 mini over the V90.

Dec 29, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #22,208 of 31,831
I have both V90 and LZ A6 mini and concur the LZ A6 mini is superior in every way

Dec 29, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #22,209 of 31,831
Thank you, I'll check it out. One concern which I have is that I want to be able to use my phone, so if somebody else has a different method which I can leave to work on my computer overnight, it would make life easier.

When I use my PC to burn-in IEMs (or headphones or buds) overnight, I just queue up a bunch of albums of various types into Foobar2000 and then let it play at normal listening volume for hours or days. I always listen first to a couple of different types of songs to make sure the volume is at a safe level.

Arrived Friday and currently burning in... but do they need it? I have no idea... they sounded awesome out of the box. But I burn-in.... just in case....

LZ- Z05A
R0016128.JPG

R0016130.JPG

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #22,211 of 31,831
And dont forget LZ A6 mini is actually a $180 IEM that sounded like more than their price.
Just happened that they are selling them om discounted price lately which are absolutely no brainer to get 1, there is no reason not to get them even you already have so many IEM, even you are about to break your promise, even you are receiving ultimatum from your wife, even your wallet are short..

Dec 29, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #22,212 of 31,831
And dont forget LZ A6 mini is actually a $180 IEM that sounded like more than their price.
Just happened that they are selling them om discounted price lately which are absolutely no brainer to get 1, there is no reason not to get them even you already have so many IEM, even you are about to break your promise, even you are receiving ultimatum from your wife, even your wallet are short..

Have you been eavesdropping at our house?

Dec 29, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #22,215 of 31,831
I have both V90 and LZ A6 mini and concur the LZ A6 mini is superior in every way

it settled then.. I'll be waiting for the next A6 discount :k701smile:

The MH755 is definitely NOT suitable for sleeping. It really hurts the ear while lying on your side.

different ears, it's definitely sleep-able for my ears :sweat_smile:

have you tried the Phonak audeo line? it's old iems, but they are some of the most flush iems I've ever encountered. there's also soundmagic PL50, and massdrop EDC

any iems rhat share the same form factor as the shure 215 (like the Audiosense) might fit the bill, just make sure to pick single driver BA or micro driver

edit: have you tried the Blon BL-03? that's also quite flush and comfortable for sleeping

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• AIME
Back